Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Client cannot access site, seeing this error: Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:86 the database contains tax_language while this function was called with tax_nav_menu

Solution: Please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database.

Then, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting.

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following: - Clear the cache in WPML - Remove ghost entries from the translation tables - Fix element_type collation - Set language information

Then please do a manual update by following the steps here: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#updating-manually

Lastly, if the error message still shows up, access your database (you should be able to access this through your channel). Search for the element id that is showing in the error message in the wp_posts table and once you find it, try deleting that row. Then, activate a fresh download of WPML core plugin.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by beta 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
January 3, 2017 at 1:29 pm #1173419

beta

WAS SOLL ICH TUN? Ich komme nicht mehr in die Seite!
WHAT SHALL I DO???? I can do NOTHING!

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:86 the database contains tax_language while this function was called with tax_nav_menu in /www/htdocs/w0097831/XXXXXX.de/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /www/htdocs/w0097831/XXXXXX.de/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1632): WPML_Set_Language->set('86', 'tax_nav_menu', NULL, 'de', NULL, true) #1 /www/htdocs/w0097831/XXXXXX.de/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(191): SitePress->set_element_language_details('86', 'tax_nav_menu', NULL, 'de') #2 /www/htdocs/w0097831/XXXXXX.de/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language() #3 /www/htdocs/w0097831/XXXXXX.de/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): WPML_Nav_Menu->init('') #4 /www/htdocs/w0097831/XXXXXX.de/wp in /www/htdocs/w0097831/XXXXXX.de/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 28

January 3, 2017 at 2:03 pm #1173470

beta

urgent

January 3, 2017 at 2:13 pm #1173485

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database.

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information

If this does not work, please try temporarily activating a default theme such as Twenty Sixteen and then repeat the steps above. Please let me know if this resolves the error. Thanks!

January 3, 2017 at 5:12 pm #1173697

beta

WHERE DO I FIND THIS???????

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information

January 3, 2017 at 5:34 pm #1173715

beta

I CANNOT ENTER IN THE wp-admin/ AREA!!!

January 3, 2017 at 6:21 pm #1173741

Lauren
Supporter

What version of WPML are you trying to install? Please try manually installing a fresh install. I will be happy to help with this but I will need FTP and site access to do it.

Please try to to do a manual update by following the steps here: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#updating-manually

If you prefer me to do this, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

January 3, 2017 at 7:49 pm #1173779

beta

I introduce hidden link in the browser and I get the FATAL ERROR NOTiCE,
NO ACCESS to the dashboard, NO ACCESS to wp-admin!

January 3, 2017 at 8:30 pm #1173798

Lauren
Supporter

In order to access your site, please connect to your site via FTP and rename the Sitepress Multilingual folder. You will find this under wp-content -> plugins. Then you will have access to your site and can try the steps above or send me access. I have marked the next reply as private.

January 3, 2017 at 9:05 pm #1173813

beta

How can I clear the database if I can't activate the plugin?

January 3, 2017 at 9:38 pm #1173826

Lauren
Supporter

I don't recommend clearing the whole database. Let's try this - the error message mentioned element_id:86. Please access your database, you should be able to access this through your cpannel. Search for element_id 86 in the wp_posts table and once you find it, try deleting that row. Then, activate a fresh download of WPML core plugin. Do you still get an error? Is the error different at all?

January 3, 2017 at 11:17 pm #1173867

beta

THANK YOU!!!! I searched in the database all id 86, deleted the eventually relevant ones (not in posts but elsewhere) et voilà!!! GREAT. UFF.