This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError. Can't resolve

Solution:your DB table wp_icl_transaltions_status was missing a field from its structure.

running the following SQL query i was able to re add the missing field for batch_id

ALTER TABLE `wp_icl_translation_status` ADD `batch_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Relevant Documentation:

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jakobB-6 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 21, 2018 at 9:57 am

jakobB-6

I am trying to:
Create my site in Danish, from the original language english.
I have my english page, I press the + sign to add a Danish version. I then click 'Overwrite with english content', and Save. This is when the error is thrown. It's been bugging me for several days now, and client would love their website live.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Site is not public.

I expected to see:
A danish version of my page, when I save.

Instead, I got:
I get this error message. I've checked Memory, and it has 256mb, so that is not the issue:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_TM_Batch_Report::set_job() must be an instance of WPML_Translation_Job, boolean given, called in /var/www/MYDOMAIN.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 288 and defined in /var/www/MYDOMAIN.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/report/class-wpml-tm-batch-report.php:27 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/MYDOMAIN.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_TM_Batch_Report->set_job(false) #1 /var/www/MYDOMAIN.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #2 /var/www/MYDOMAIN.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /var/www/MYDOMAIN.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/translation-jobs/helpers/wpml-update-translation-data-action.class.php(137): do_action('wpml_tm_assign_...', false, 1) #4 /var/www/MYDOMAIN.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/translation-jobs/helpers/wpml-update in /var/www/MYDOMAIN.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/emails/report/class-wpml-tm-batch-report.php on line 27

The screenshot (not attached) would just show my browser with the above error. No other WP interface.

Darn, it's an irritating issue tbh.

Rgds
Jakob

May 22, 2018 at 12:05 am #2204735

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

Are you able to activate WPML on a minimal enviroment ?

please test this:
-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

i have seen a similar error stem from the plugin Contact Form and/or a database issue but first lets eliminate any plugins that might be causing this.

note: also seen this error dissapear once all plugins and theme were deactivated/activated

May 22, 2018 at 12:07 am #2204736

jakobB-6

Hi Bobby
I have done that. I migrated the site to a clean WP install. It didnt really help 🙁

May 22, 2018 at 8:46 pm #2211699

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for the access details !

i was able to find the issue.

your DB table wp_icl_transaltions_status was missing a field from its structure.

running the following SQL query i was able to re add the missing field for batch_id

ALTER TABLE `wp_icl_translation_status` ADD `batch_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
May 23, 2018 at 7:18 am #2212942

jakobB-6

Hi Bobby.
Thank you!! Did you run this on my live server, so there is nothing more I need to do?
Cheers
Jakob