This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stephenW-20 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 28, 2019 at 11:18 pm

stephenW-20

I am trying to: install WPML on hidden link
The site is a backup and restore from the dev site at hidden link

Everything functioned on dev site, but initial restore created a fatal error.

Renamed the plugin to access the admin.

Removed all related WPML plugins, emptied _icl tables in database

Reinstalled plugins. All activate except CMS which generates the following:

Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Language of /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-content/languages/-1bba9045bb07c89671c88a3f328548e8.json cannot be recognized in /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php:54 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/jed-translations/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(85): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Locale->get() #1 /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/jed-translations/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(38): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->get_file_locale('/homepages/19/d...', 'default') #2 /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->override_jed_file('/homepages/19/d...', 'wp-a in /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php on line 54
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

September 29, 2019 at 6:25 am #4660125

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Reinstalled plugins. All activate except CMS which generates the following:
- first, any of the WPML plugins will NOT work if you do not activate the "WPML Multilingual CMS"

Please follow:
- please disable all wpml plugins
- delete them all
- download fresh copies from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- install and activate
- check the issue.
- if you still see the issue please disable "WPML Translation management"
- check the issue
- then please provide the WPML debug info : https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/
- I am enabling the 'debug info' field for next reply.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 29, 2019 at 5:05 pm #4661121

stephenW-20

Hi,

Followed the instructions, but on trying to activate the CMS (before any of the other plugins) it generates the following:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::is_enabled() in /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings.php:346 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-inline-styles.php(274): WPML_LS_Settings->get_active_slots() #1 /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-admin-ui.php(105): WPML_LS_Inline_Styles->admin_output() #2 /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_LS_Admin_UI->admin_head_action('') #3 /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_actio in /homepages/19/d681873575/htdocs/clickandbuilds/ArenaGmbH/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-settings.php on line 346
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Thanks

September 30, 2019 at 7:08 am #4662563

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

This some users had the same issue and it was fixed by following this:
Open your database, try by manually changing the value for the wpml_language_switcher option in the wp-options table to be the same as a new WPML installation (or any working installation).

You can also find more information on the error on related tickets:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-ssl-fatal-error/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/fatal-error-when-activating-wpml-multilingual-cms-on-digital-ocean/

Another user said:
I deleted the entry and reinstalled the plugin. After that the issue was solved.

And this also solved the same issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-activate-the-sitepress-multilingual-cms-plugin-getting-fatal-error/#post-2869134

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

October 7, 2019 at 11:36 pm #4711101

stephenW-20

Hi Riffaz,

I have tried all variants, including deleting the database tables, removing and re-installing all files for the plugin and still encounter the same error as soon as I activate the CMS. Which means I cannot setup the debug.

I have re-visited the original development version (which is hosted live not locally) and the plugin works perfectly.

The only action I have not yet tried is to remove and re-install the complete site, but surely this should not be required?