If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Fatal Error when activating WooCommerce-Plugin

Solution:

WPML did not cause the problem. WooCommerce requires PHP 7.2, and our domain was on PHP 5.6

We changed it, and everything is working now.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by max-janH 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 12:13 pm

max-janH

Hi there.

When activating WooCommerce I get an fatal error message from WordPress. The message said something with WPML and I am not sure if this error is something you guys can help me with. We tried deactivating WPML without any success.

May 13, 2019 at 4:17 pm #3800477

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

You might be experiencing a general issue with WordPress where the max execution value is set too low on your server. Please check if the information at the following link is helping you to solve the problem.

Also, by looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform those procedures and see if they help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 14, 2019 at 7:35 am #3804311

max-janH

Hi there,

I changed the 'MEMORY_LIMIT' and the 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT' both to 256M without any change. Anything else I can do?

May 14, 2019 at 7:54 pm #3810441

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

You wrote: "We tried deactivating WPML without any success."
Do you mean that even if WPML is deactivated you can not activate the WooCommerce plugin and you are still getting the same fatal error that you show on the screenshot?
This would be very weird if WPML is deactivated.

You have shared with me the WordPress access but not the FTP access. If you will need from further help, I'm also going to need the FTP access. And please allow me to replicate the problem by activating WooCommerce and also by deactivating other plugins and the theme.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

I'm enabling a private message fro the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 15, 2019 at 11:29 am #3815649

max-janH

The problem was not caused by WPML. WooCommerce requires PHP 7.2 and our domain was on PHP 5.6

We changed it and everything is working now.

Thank you.