This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Fatal Error when Advanced Translation Editor enabled from WPML Settings

Solution:There is a possibility that the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) service was down for few minutes. Are you still seeing the problem?

i have test the service on a test server and i was able to use it as expected

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vikram 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 5:56 am #2798314

Vikram

Although I made no new installation or update of any theme or plugin and it was all perfect before but all of sudden I see blank screen while trying to view all page list from wp-admin. When enabled debug mode I saw the error is due to WPML Advanced Translation Editor and further in Translation Management page load I see similar error.

When I change the option to "Create translations manually" or "Use the Classic Translation Editor" the error is resolved.

But again while trying to enable Advanced Translation Editor option from WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages ( Translation editor options ) > Select "Use the Advanced Translation Editor" option that creates issues.

Errors details link:
hidden link

October 9, 2018 at 8:07 pm #2801915

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

There is a possibility that the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) service was down for few minutes. Are you still seeing the problem?

i have test the service on a test server and i was able to use it as expected

if you are still experiencing this issue I would need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

October 10, 2018 at 4:32 am #2802918

Vikram

Indeed the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) service was down and it was for brief time. Anyways, my issue is resolved now. Thank you!