This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 20, 2019 at 2:23 pm

didierZ-2

I am trying to activate WPML Multilingual CMS. Instead I get a 'Fatal Error' containg this message:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_error() in /home/dzfac532/public_html/thedzfactory.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/sitepress-schema.php:323 Stack trace: #0 /home/dzfac532/public_html/thedzfactory.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): icl_sitepress_activate('') #1 /home/dzfac532/public_html/thedzfactory.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #2 /home/dzfac532/public_html/thedzfactory.com/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/dzfac532/public_html/thedzfactory.com/wp-admin/plugins.php(177): do_action('activate_sitepr...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/dzfac532/public_html/thedzfactory.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/sitepress-schema.php on line 323

Could you please help me resolve this issue as soon as possible? It is crucial for my client that all languages work on the site, which they do not now.

May 20, 2019 at 2:29 pm #3847965

didierZ-2

What wrong with you guys why you do not reply to me?

May 20, 2019 at 5:37 pm #3849403

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

The response time on the forum can take from a few hours to 1-2-3 days sometimes, depending on how full is the tickets queue (however, sometimes we can answer even in less than an hour), so I am sorry that you had to wait for a few hours.

Can you please try this:

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

- disable all plugins
- try to install WPML and check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

If the issue happens even with the plugins disabled:

- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- try to re-upload and install WPML

Also, please make sure that the server that the site is hosted on is following the minimum-requirements here:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please let me know how that goes.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei