This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4439959

ewoutN

I am trying to: add a blog galery, but as soon as i do that the page responds in fatal error php

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: tyker-concept.nl/nieuws

I expected to see:in a few seconds a page, now its loading takes forever and shows a wrong layout. php max execution time is already set to '0' also disabled all plugins to test what caused the problem.

Instead, I got:a fatal php error:
[Thu Aug 22 15:41:47.291494 2019] [fcgid:warn] [pid 24567] [client 66.249.81.157:60592] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 0 seconds exceeded in /home/tyker-concept/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/utilities/class-debug-backtrace.php on line 64, referer: hidden link

August 22, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4440355

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. If following the step above doesn't solve the issue, from what I can see, you are also using a beta version of the WPML plugin. Can you please create a full website backup and then try this:

- Try to disable all the non-WPML plugins (leave just the plugin that facilitates the blog gallery functionality - if there's a plugin that does that - if the theme facilitates that, leave just the WPML plugins active) and now see if the issue is still happening

- If the issue is still happening, please try to use the non-beta WPML version and see if anything changes in the behavior.

I will be waiting for your response, please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 22, 2019 at 8:50 pm #4442877

ewoutN

Hiya, thank you for your reply!

I made the changes above for the memory limit and checked them.

I also add a debug log.

In the image you can see the issue that is occuring with wpml.

Let me hear if it helps you.

kind regards,

Ewout

August 23, 2019 at 1:45 pm #4447805

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for your response.

Can you please let me know if the issue is still happening when you:

1. have just the WPML plugins active (disable all the other plugins)
2. have just the WPML plugins active and a default WP theme (change the current theme to a default WP theme like Twentyseventeen)
3. have both steps above done while using the non-beta version of WPML.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

The topic ‘[Closed] Fatal php error’ is closed to new replies.