This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 24, 2019 at 7:43 pm

tilenS

I am trying to: have the same featured image and gallery images in translated Woocommerce product

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link under title NAJBOLJ PRODAJANO click FITNES for example images will be missing :/

I expected to see: the same feature image and gallery images as they are in original also in translated product. If you will go to nadom.si and

Instead, I got: nothing, I need to manually add images

August 25, 2019 at 5:24 pm #4454857

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you edit the original of one of the products that's missing the images, just hit the Update button from the right sidebar, and tell me if the images are back to normal, please? I just tried to do this for the Računalniška miza - 120/60/80 cm product and it worked fine. I think that maybe this was just a temporary issue because I can see that other product do have images.

As I can see, you're using a thumbnails cache plugin so this might be the reason why the images were not copied. Caching can create small issues (like this one) sometimes.

Thanks,
Radu

August 25, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4454981

tilenS

Hi Radu,

I updated the englsih version of Računalniška miza – 170/136/74.5 cm, but there is no image when I change the language to Slovenian in All product tab.

Is there any other bulk solution? Is there any attribute for featured and gallery images which I need to change to "Copy" or "Translate", as I did for some other attributes.

Those images also appear in Classic translator and we did have translated Title and Alt name of all images.

Best,
Tilen

August 26, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4459507

Radu
Supporter

Hey Tilen,

The Računalniška miza – 120/60/80 cm product is missing the images on the screenshot you attached in your first message but it appears fine now (see the attached screenshot).

All you have to do is go to a product that's missing the images (let's take the next one, Računalniška miza – 170/136/74.5 cm). Just edit it - hidden link, change the language from the top admin bar to English, check the Duplicate uploaded media to translations and Duplicate featured image to translations, and hit the Update button.

Now the images are visible for this product too. I attached a few screenshots to see what you need to change and how things are looking now.

Can you try to do this change for the Otroški gugalnik z varnostnim sistemom product and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 29, 2019 at 9:49 pm #4483611

tilenS

Hi Radu,

thank you for your reply.

I tried your proposal but it is not working. When I do that, gallery images are copied but not feature image. It is really weird situation because some images have featured image in Slovenian language and some not and we translated exacly the same every product.

Is there any way to do that in bulk (for featured and gallery images), because manually opening every product will take a lot of time?

What should we do for new products which will be translated that all images will be transferred?

Best regards,
Tilen

August 30, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4487457

Radu
Supporter

Hey Tilen,

As I can see, you managed to do this change for a couple products, like Računalniška miza – 170/136/74.5 cm. This one didn't had the image the last time I checked your website.
Unfortunately, there's no option to do this change in bulk. I know that this takes a while but this option is individual for each product and that's why you cannot change it in bulk. The good part is that once these two options are changes for the translated products, you won't need to do this again.

You're right about the fact that some products do have featured image in Slovenian while others don't. You just need to make sure that the option to duplicate the featured image of the product is checked when you create the translation. I cannot tell you for sure how did this happened so I can only suppose that you unchecked this for some products.

Regards,
Radu

August 30, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4487475

tilenS

Hi Radu,

actually I opened product in Slovenian and scroll down to the Featured image, find it and upload it and Publish the Slovenian product. That's the only way that works for me.

Are you sure that we can't apply this functionality to all our future products, this is quite surprising for me? How can we make sure that those checkboxes are checked and not unchecked when a new product is imported?

Best,
Tilen

September 1, 2019 at 8:21 pm #4493071

Radu
Supporter

Hey Tilen,

Can you tell me how are you importing the products on your website, please? This way I'll be able to check things out and see what can be done to have these two options checked. I just need to know what steps should I follow in order to see the same issue on my website.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Featured image and gallery images not copied to translated product’ is closed to new replies.