This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 3:59 pm

colinS-7

Hey There,

Our featured image from the post is not being copied to the translated post. I am usingmedia translation plugin but it still does not work. Need this sorted urgently

August 22, 2019 at 5:30 pm
August 22, 2019 at 5:39 pm #4441893

colinS-7

Hello so i got disconnec ted

August 22, 2019 at 5:40 pm #4441895

colinS-7

Can we get on a chat again please

August 23, 2019 at 8:36 am #4445309

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Sorry, we cannot get back to a chat from a forum ticket.

When the website was still using your theme, I was able to see both, it and the Twenty nineteen theme, and I remember it says that it is a child theme of GeneratePress, but this one was not available. When we switched to Twenty nineteen theme, your theme is not visible anymore on the list.
You should install the GeneratePress theme to make your theme visible again. Then choose your theme again and test both posts:
- hidden link
- hidden link

If they both show the featured image. You can do the following to the posts that do not show the featured image:
1. Remove the image from the original post and save.
2. Add the image again and save

If this does not help, you can create a new chat and ask for me if you want me to continue with you.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 26, 2019 at 12:30 am #4455353

colinS-7

WPML continues to be a problem for the feature image copy. I have resorted to adding a manual copy on duplicate via:

add_action('icl_make_duplicate', 'my_copy_feature', 10, 4);
function my_copy_feature( $master_post_id, $lang, $postarr, $id ) {
$feature_id = get_post_thumbnail_id( $master_post_id );
set_post_thumbnail ($id, $feature_id);
}

This approach ensures the featured image is assigned 100% of the time. No matter what options I choose with WPML I cannot get the featured image to be copied reliably...

August 26, 2019 at 9:05 am #4457027

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this code. I wonder if you still need assistance with this issue or if you would be using this code so on.

Best regards,
Jamal