This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 9:21 pm #3693359

Mylene

I am trying to: When I click on translate a a product, the WPML translator opens. I translate, save. But now the French version does NOT have the featured image copied to the French version.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (bordures product)

I have to go through the flag navigation, but then I get a message: The recommended way to translate WooCommerce products is using the WooCommerce Multilingual products translation page.

But there is no option for the thumbnail in there...

I TRIED:
- WPML > Settings > Post type translation: media attachment I tried Translate option 1 and 2
- WPML > Settings > Media translation: everything is ticked
- Image appears in Media translation (It should be the same product image anyway)
- In the product post, everything is set to translatable

If I manually switch the flag in navigation and reselected featured image and resave in French, then it works.

That will take wayyy to long for the quantity of products that I have..

April 29, 2019 at 7:35 am #3700595

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

WPML > Settings > Media translation: everything is ticked

Have you tried clicking "Start »" and waiting for the process to complete once you ticked all of these?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Featured image not copied when translating with woo multi’ is closed to new replies.