Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kristof 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
May 21, 2021 at 2:19 pm #8819603

Kristof

I have had this issue before on another site, see https://wpml.org/forums/topic/featured-images-are-not-being-copied-from-original-language-to-translations-2/
But in this new project, again, the Featured Image is not visible in the French translation, although duplication has been set in the Settings.

May 23, 2021 at 9:53 am #8827367

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi Kristof,
Thanks for contacting WPML support, I will be happy to help you today.

Please go to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Media Translation section, make sure all the options are checked and click the blue 'start' button.

After the process is done, check again if the featured image is duplicated to the translation

Let me know please if that helps.
Regards,
Mohamed

May 23, 2021 at 10:12 am #8827381

Kristof

Unfortunately, I am currently unable to enter any WPML settings due to an iCanLocalize error (which I don't even use). But as I remember, I have already tried to manual duplication of the featured image twice, without result. Either way, even if manual duplication works, featured image duplicatoin should work automatically.

May 23, 2021 at 11:45 am #8827507

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Hi Kristof,

1- Can you please provide me with the full error you see when trying to access WPML settings?

2- Please check if the issue of the featured image duplication will persist in a minimal environment by following these steps:

- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database and website before performing the above test ❌

May 24, 2021 at 8:26 am #8831117

Kristof

1. I have attached a screenshot. We have already created a ticket for this iCanLocalize issue, but it has been moved to 2nd tier support, so it can take a while 🙁
We even can't edit any translations anymore, and we don't even use iCanLocalize, never have!!
So as long as that issue isn't fixed, we cannot continue on this one 🙁

Screenshot_2.jpg
May 24, 2021 at 8:59 pm #8836485

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Hi Kristof,

I see from the other ticket that both your issues have been resolved, so please let me know if you're still having any issues with the featured images.

Regards,
Mohamed

May 27, 2021 at 6:49 am #8856887

Kristof

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!