Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Half of the products has featured images, the other half has not.

Solution:
1. Make sure you have marked both options for media attachments on your original product: 'Duplicate uploaded media to translations' and 'Duplicate featured images'. Then try saving and updating your original and translated product.

2. You can use Media translation plugin and in WPML>Settings>Media translations and try to sync images.
- You need to make sure you click the 'Start' button

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#media-translation-settings

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pascalM-3 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
February 19, 2020 at 1:54 pm #5524333

pascalM-3

I am trying to:

Translates products using Woocommerce.
Only some products are being well copied, the problem is random. I made a copy of the site the lebaranylon.ca because the problem surged in this site.
The copy of the site is under lebaranylon.dev.dev-ubeo.com, i will send you the access to the wordpress dashboard.

I expected to see:

You can see in the english translations, the product Amour do not have featured images for the main post neither the post variations.

You can make a test translating the product Sophie, you will see that the featured images are not being copied. However, if you translate another product, exemple Claudia, we don't have this problem.

Our client has translated all the product in the production shop, the half of the products has featured images, the other half has not.

We've tried deactivating all plugins except those from WPML and Woocommerce, we switched the theme to the default from WordPress and the bug still.

Can you please take a look up to this problem?

Instead, I got:

No featured images in some products.

We can share you FTP access if needed.

Capture d’écran, le 2020-02-19 à 08.50.03.png
Capture d’écran, le 2020-02-19 à 08.50.37.png
Capture d’écran, le 2020-02-19 à 08.50.03.png
Capture d’écran, le 2020-02-19 à 08.50.37.png
February 20, 2020 at 8:13 am #5530303

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I have tried to log in to your dev website, but I kept getting 404 error or too many redirects. Please check if you are able to log in on your side.

In the meantime I can suggest a few fixes you can try:

1. Make sure you have marked both options for media attachments on your original product: 'Duplicate uploaded media to translations' and 'Duplicate featured images'. Then try saving and updating your original and translated product. Please check the screenshot.

2. You can use Media translation plugin and in WPML>Settings>Media translations try to sync images.
- You need to make sure you click the 'Start' button

Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#media-translation-settings

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way or have doubts or questions about the steps mentioned above, I'll do my best to help you in the best way possible.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_1.jpg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.