This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by harrisD 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 30, 2018 at 7:09 pm #2776722

harrisD

Most of the featured images dissapeared from "other" language after updated to the latest woocommerce and WPML

October 2, 2018 at 9:10 pm #2782835

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Have you tried to sync images in both languages using WPML? If not, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Settings > Media translation
- Click on the "Start" button

After the sync ends, please see if the images are synced correctly in both languages.

Thank you.

October 3, 2018 at 4:58 pm #2785354

harrisD

Sorry, did not work. Featured images (only) still not seen. Except on 4-5 products.
By the way, if I add a new product, assign a featured image and translate the product image is visible with no other action. Sync or whatever.

October 5, 2018 at 9:12 am #2790039

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

October 9, 2018 at 7:07 am #2798495

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you. I downloaded your site and I'll test it in my testing environment to see what might be happening. Soon I'll contact you.

Thank you.

October 10, 2018 at 8:34 am #2803431

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Sorry for the delay. The problem is happening because it looks like these thumbnails have been deleted in the secondary language, but the entry of the images still exist.

To fix this problem you will need to follow the steps below:

- Click on the Products > Products
- Click to edit the "COUPLER E/F PE 100+", for example
- Remove the thumbnail in the default language
- Click on the Update button
- Click to edit the secondary language
- Just click on the Save & Close button
- Insert the thumbnail on the default language again
- Make sure the "Duplicate featured image to translations" option is checked.
- Click on the Update button

That should fix the problem. Please, could you follow the steps above and check if the problem is resolved on products that are without the thumbnail?

Thank you.

October 10, 2018 at 5:20 pm #2805315

harrisD

Yes, it works. I have already tried this, but not exactly these steps. Any way it works.
The thing is that what was wrong and not happen again in the next update. OK, maybe my products are not to many, but suppose it was 500 or more.....

October 11, 2018 at 3:46 pm #2809038

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

From what I noticed, the problem happened because the image was deleted for some reason, but it was not removed inside the products. So even trying to sync the images, this does not work - this is because the image is there, but it does not exist.

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing exactly what happened, since the database I looked at already had these changes. This is not a common thing to happen and probably this happened due to either to some plugin or maybe you have exported/imported the site and that problem then happened.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

October 11, 2018 at 6:15 pm #2809440

harrisD

Maybe I replaced 2-3 images or regenerate thumbnails, Not all of them.
I never export/import site. Restore from a previous backup (content and SQL), yes i did it and maybe i will do it again in the future. I hope that this is not the problem.
Any way, as i said there are only 44 products so it was not so much trouble.