Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by youmani-jeromeL 7 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Amit.

Author Posts
October 18, 2013 at 7:48 pm #279216

Neil

Hi there
I am using the Woothemes Superstore template and have some Featured Slides i have translated to Spanish. When i chose either Spanish or English all slides are shown not just the slides for that particular language.
I'm using WooCommerce Version 2.0.17 and WPML Multilingual CMS Version 2.9.3
The site is not live so I'm happy to set you up admin details if that helps?
Thanks
Neil

October 18, 2013 at 9:14 pm #279246

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+02:00)

Dear Neil,

Please fill in your access details below.
Asking you for some private information that will help me debug this issue for you.

Thanks,
Andrey

October 19, 2013 at 7:29 am #279315

Neil

Hi Andrey
Thanks for your reply. I have attached the details for you.
Regards
Neil

October 21, 2013 at 8:47 am #279769

Amit
Supporter

Hi Neil,

This is Amit here, Andrey assigned me your ticket, so I am stepping in - hope I can help.

It's hard for me to look without being set the language pairs so I can edit the translation, but one thing I did notice is that you se the slides group to not be translated and then created two slide groups - english / spanish. Did you try translating the groups instead of manually creating them, it might be that this is your solution, please try this. If it does not work, please give my temporary user some privileges to edit translations and I'll take another look.

Thanks!

October 21, 2013 at 7:26 pm #280204

Neil

Thanks Amit but its still not working. I have deleted the original slide groups and slides and remade 1 slide and translated into Spanish. Their names make it obvious which is which. Also your account is created as an Administrator so you should be able to edit and view everything?
Thanks
Neil

October 22, 2013 at 8:42 am #280380

Amit
Supporter

Neil,

I have looked in the admin, and you are right, there seem to be an issue with that – the slider images appear on both languages. What I couldn't find is where do you set which slider appear where (after you have created the slides) (?)

Thanks!

October 22, 2013 at 6:55 pm #280787

Neil

Thanks Amit
You go to Superstore > Theme Options > Featured Slider There is more documentation on the featured slider at hidden link

Thanks
Neil

October 23, 2013 at 9:02 am #280985

Amit
Supporter

Neil, thanks for the details,

I have looked at the code, and the theme's options.
The theme is not fully compatible with WPML (http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/), and it's beyond the scope of the support forum to make the fixes for it, what we can do is contact WooThemes offering our collaboration and assign that to our compatibility team.
For this purpose I'd like to ask you to please provide us with the author email / url (if you have got that information)

Thanks!

October 24, 2013 at 5:06 am #281502

Neil

Thanks Amit, I presume this isn't going to be a quick fix for this project then? I'll make the slides in the default language for now and wait to see if the theme is updated in the future. When you asked for the author did you mean the creator of the theme? It is WooThemes hidden link
Kind regards
Neil

October 24, 2013 at 9:33 am #281651

Amit
Supporter

Neil hi,

The time taken here depends on how complex is the issue here, the theme's authors collaboration and obviously the our own queue of compatibility issues.

I am passing this information to our compatibility team, and assigning your details to them so when this is resolved you will get contacted. I am closing the ticket now, any other issues you have please feel free to post again.

Thanks!

December 1, 2013 at 12:28 am #300315

youmani-jeromeL

Hello Amit,
Have you fixed the "Featured Slider showing both language translations" problem? If so, can you tell me how to proceed?

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Featured Slider showing both language translations’ is closed to new replies.