This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mikkoS-7 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 25, 2019 at 5:33 pm

mikkoS-7

I am trying to: Translate few strings from my themes options (texts of front page sliders) but it doesn't work. Earlier (about two years ago) those has worked but site was over a year not in use and after that I updated wp, theme, plugins and WPML. First I tried polylang but theme doesn't support it so I bought new license for this plugin.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link and hidden link

I expected to see: The texts over video should be translated, button and link too.

Instead, I got: Only Finnish texts in both languages.

Other: Theme's administrator asked first to ask this case from you. I have tried to solve this by myself two night without success and I don't know where is the problem.

I couldn't make duplicator for you because there came some problem with the server or something like that. I zipped all files and database and send it to Google Drive. Please find link below.

Theme: hidden link

April 26, 2019 at 1:26 am
April 26, 2019 at 1:27 am #3686513

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

April 29, 2019 at 6:00 pm #3705959

mikkoS-7

Hello,

I installed site to test server and noticed one problem more. The test site doesn't recognize child theme and the layout of front page is not similar than current site. It doesn't matter because the same translation problem is still exist.

May 1, 2019 at 1:10 am #3715399

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. After a bit of investigation I noticed your child theme defines its own fields for translations and you were translating the fields defined for the parent theme, into details, here is how you should proceed:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation click the blue link 'Translate texts in admin screens' to make the theme options fields of your child theme translatable.

2 - In the 'Translate texts in admin screens' screen choose the fields under the text domain 'theme_mods_flyover' and choose the fields you need to make translatable.

3 - Back in the String Translation screen choose the 'admin_texts_theme_mods_flyover' and translate the desired fields. I have already translated the two slides text so you can use as a reference (see hidden link)

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please, let me know if it works for you. Have a nice day.

May 2, 2019 at 7:29 pm #3728725

mikkoS-7

Thank you! You solved my problem.