This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Laura 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
February 22, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3232936

joannaP

I am trying to:
"Copy" over some of the fields to the translated page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (English Version | Original Content)
hidden link (Spanish Version)

Example: Please scroll to 6 columns section after intro in Spanish page, you will see that the images from the homepage (English) were not transferred. (Screenshot Attached)

Admin Page Settings: I have also attached a screenshot of the fields settings in the admin. As you can see I have marked them as "Copy" over.

Admin ACF Setting (ACF 1.1): I have also set up those settings to be copied over as well, still no luck. Please see screenshot AFC1.1-1 and AFC1.1-2

I expected to see:
Fields being copied over if they are selected as "Copy" in the admin portion of the page.

Instead, I got:
Missing images and icons fields not being transferred.

February 23, 2019 at 12:21 pm #3235220

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Please confirm that you have executed the step:
WPML > Settings > Media Translation > Start (all options above the button are checked)

And that when you go to the Media library in the various languages, that you are seeing a full library. (e.g. no missing images, no blank placeholder boxes).

If that doesn't work, please try this compatibility test:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WPML and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

Please let me know the results of this test.

February 26, 2019 at 3:22 pm #3245690

joannaP

Hi Laura,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have tried Media Translation technic and that did not solve the issue. After checking the libraries, some photos did not show in different languages Media Library.

For example, the 3rd image in the screenshots ("Image Navigation" > Background of icon-confidence) above was not in the Media Library of Spanish, Japanese or Chines, only available in English Media Library.

We have also done the compatibility test multiple time by our team and it still didn't resolve the issue. Any other solution we can try?

Thank you

February 27, 2019 at 8:05 am #3248761

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi Joanna, (note to Laura: we are simultanously discussing this issue with Joanna's team by email so I can take it from you)

At you screenshot from homepage I see there is a lack of image for Buyers, however when I visit your site I see it. See my screenshot.

Do you see this as well? Did you change anything since you opened the ticket?

Also, I suggest to re-save the page and its translation, it might help

February 27, 2019 at 8:21 pm #3252430

joannaP

Hi Konrad,

Thank you for getting back to us. After we sent the inquiry with the screenshot of the missing three images, we made all the plugin updates (see attached). Then we "checked for translations" and it successfully ran through. We also started and successfully ran the Media Translation string.
This brought in a few other pictures but not all the pictures.
We have also tried republishing the page and the same images are still not showing.
Today we tried checking the translations again, ran the Media Translation string again and republished the Homepage and checked all the languages. The images are still missing.

Can we get on another screen share call? Please let me know when you're available.
Thank you for all your help.

February 28, 2019 at 5:52 am #3253659

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

> Can we get on another screen share call? Please let me know when you're available.

ok, let's do this. Laura please close this ticket, we will continue on email

February 28, 2019 at 11:03 am #3254728

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Sure, I hope you can solve the issue soon.