This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Repeater fields are translated in translation editor but not showing.

Solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD2i3I_CgCs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mathiasK-11 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 20, 2019 at 8:09 pm

mathiasK-11

This issue seems to be specific to repeater fields. The fields are all showing in the translation editor and they have been translated, but on the website, the fields aren't showing. They show for English, but not for French. This might be related to the issue I have another ticket open for. The issue is that the ACF fields are showing twice in the translation editor.

May 21, 2019 at 4:52 am #3851845

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Could you please provide me a link to the page where the fields aren't showing along with a screenshot from the front-end, so I can quickly check the issue?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 21, 2019 at 2:03 pm #3855995

mathiasK-11

Hi Shekhar, the repeater content works fine for English (hidden link), but not for French. I am attaching a screenshot of the French homepage (hidden link) indicating where ACF repeater content is missing and a screenshot of the backend where the repeater content is showing twice. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 at 3:37 am #3860537

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

It seems like the repeater fields are not configured properly creating the issue, could you please try to set the repeater fields exactly as explained here in the video and let me know if this helps. hidden link

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

May 22, 2019 at 5:36 pm #3868483

mathiasK-11

Thank you! That's what I needed to know. I didn't realize that setting a repeater field to "Don't translate" would completely prevent it from displaying on the website.