This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 4:06 pm #3944103

THorsteinnG

I am trying to: Translate my front page from Icelandic to English.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link vs. hidden link

I expected to see: All text translated

Instead, I got: Only a few fields translated and a different setup of the page. I am very unhappy with your plugin. It has taken a long time to get the language selector to work and now this!

June 3, 2019 at 8:43 pm #3946055

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Please take note that tit is not advisable to use various multilingual plugins at the same time as this can lead to compatibility issues. I would not advise you to have any plugin like Polylang, Loco Translate or WPML activate at the same time.

Do I understand right that your hompage is 100% translated with WPML and the front end leads to an 404 error?

Could you please go to Settings -> Permalinks and simply click the "save" button. In case the page is translated this might solve the issue.

Otherwise please disable any plugin but WPML and see if the page appears as translated. Then start reactivating additional plugins in oder to indicate which plugin caused the issue.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Fields aren't translated and they keep disappearing’ is closed to new replies.