If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
August 16, 2017 at 1:26 pm

solonH

I am trying to: Create a product and I am using "WC PDF Vouchers" plugin that basically creates another category under "Product Data" called "PDF Vouchers". It looks like this: hidden link

When I configure the fields in English and then translate the product in Greek, some fields (ie the last one you can see called "PDF Template" do not propagate. Furthermore, they are locked in Greek version of the product so I cannot even configure them manually! P.S. I had similar issue in the past and Bernad helped me out in case you want to have a look at previous tickets.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The fields to get propagate or at least give me the option to unlock them in Greek and fix them manually.

Instead, I got:

August 16, 2017 at 4:43 pm #1344670

Joanna

Hello @solonh,

Did you update the theme after applying the Bernat's workaround? If so, it got overwritten. In this case, you need to add the following code to the theme's functions.php file again (each time you update the theme):

add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'remove_lock_fields_script', 1 ); 
function remove_lock_fields_script(){
    global $woo_vou_scripts;
    remove_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', array( $woo_vou_scripts, 'woo_vou_load_wpml_lock_fields_js' ) ); 
}

I already did that and fields are unlocked again in Greek products.

August 17, 2017 at 6:38 am #1344973

solonH

Hi Joanna,

That did the trick, thanks! However, now that the Greek version is unlocked and I tried to choose the right PDF Template (called "Dealicious"), it disappeared from the list.

I went to WooCommerce->Voucher Templates and although the "Dealicious" template appears in the English version, the Greek version is gone. Yesterday I recreated the Greek version by pressing the "+" symbol (see here hidden link ) and translated it with WPML. Then I went to my product's Greek version, chose the Greek template "Dealicious" and then bought the product. Everything was OK and I received a confirmation email with the correct PDF voucher.

Today it's gone again! I go to WooCommerce->Voucher Templates and I only see the English version. Please have a look why the Greek version disappears.

Thank you for your help.

Solon

August 17, 2017 at 3:54 pm #1345459

Joanna

Hello Solon,

Do your vouchers have any expiration date or the usage limit? It's possible that they were not correctly copied.
If there are such custom fields, please go to WPML->Translation Management->Multilingual Content Setup->Custom Field Translation and make sure that all fields that need to be copied are set to "Copy".

If you change any settings, please translate the voucher again and test if it disappears again. If so, please let me know and I will debug the issue further.

If settings seem to be correct or you don't set any expiration date or any limits, please also let me know.

August 17, 2017 at 5:06 pm #1345499

solonH

Hi Joanna,

My settings are correct and there is no expiration date on the template of the voucher. it automatically retrieves that from each product.

I tried something else, I created a new PDF Voucher Template in Greek only and named it "Dealicious GR" where I basically copied and pasted the html code from "Dealicious" since I want them to be the same exactly in English and Greek. It all worked fine for 30 minutes and I added it to the Greek version of 4 products, for which upon purchase I received the PDF voucher correctly. On the 5th the product I was not able to save it! Although "Dealicious GR" is in the drop-down list of PDF Templates, when I press on "Publish" and scroll down I see that my selection was not saved. I tried many times with no result. The strangest of all is that after this it's also gone from the 4 previous products!

Please note that everything works fine for the English version. Please debug further as I am really stack and spent countless hours because of this problem.

Thanks,
Solon

August 18, 2017 at 9:31 am #1345944

solonH

I had a talk with the support of PDF voucher plugin and they told me that the right thing to do it translate the "Dealicious" template in Greek and it will automatically pick the right version according to the language of the product.

Although that is the way I had it in the past, suddenly the Greek version disappeared and when I try to translate the English "Dealicious" template with WPML I get the following and then it fails:
hidden link

Thx.

August 22, 2017 at 10:34 am #1348063

solonH

I am taking the site down for maintenance so don't do anything.

August 22, 2017 at 5:11 pm #1348547

Joanna

Hello @solonh,

I just want to let you know that I had to consult the issue with the 2nd tier. They are still checking it. I expect to have a feedback from them in 24 hours.

August 23, 2017 at 10:49 am #1349067

Joanna

Hello @solonh,

We tried to replicate the issue on a fresh installation but we couldn't so it seems that the issue is limited to your specific installation.

I'd like to ask you to remove the code you previously added:

add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'remove_lock_fields_script', 1 ); 
function remove_lock_fields_script(){
    global $woo_vou_scripts;
    remove_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', array( $woo_vou_scripts, 'woo_vou_load_wpml_lock_fields_js' ) ); 
}

and observe if the template translation disappear again.
Please let me know if that changes anything.

Also, I escalated the issues with WooCommerce PDF Vouchers to our Compatibility Team and they will contact the authors to offer them cooperation on making their plugin fully compatible with WPML.

September 4, 2017 at 1:54 pm #1357955

solonH

Hi Joanna,

I basically deleted everything and re-created them from scratch and that solved that problem.

I also had some other issues with my website and I disabled all WPML plugins in order to fix them them. After activating them again, the following issue occurred: when ordering a product in English, on checkout the language turns Greek. After completing the order, the client receives a Greek email when he should receive an English one. Also when checking on the order of the product in English, I noticed that the wpml_language changes to greek. Please see attached and please explain me how to fix this issue.

Thanking you in advance. I would really appreciate a prompt reply as I am really behind schedule because of these issues.

P.S. I didn't remove that code you suggested in your previous message as the problem with the translation of the voucher was resolved. However, if you think it will help with this new issue please let me know.

September 5, 2017 at 2:14 pm #1360242

Joanna

Hello @solonh,

We had an issue with order confirmation emails being sent in the wrong language. This issue should be fixed in the latest WooCommerce Multilingual version (4.2.3). Please update the plugin and check if the issue is fixed on your installation as well.

September 5, 2017 at 2:40 pm #1360296

solonH

Hi Joanna,

I updated to the latest version but unfortunately the problem still persists.

Thx.

September 6, 2017 at 2:01 pm #1362039

Joanna

Hello @solonh,

I performed some test orders and I got emails in the correct language. It looks like it was a cache issue that already got solved. However, please test it again.
If you still can spot the issue, may I kindly ask you to open the new ticket for the new issue? You can assign the new ticket to me and we'll continue troubleshooting. In the new ticket, please write which products do you add to your order. I'll try to replicate the issue following your steps.

September 6, 2017 at 2:04 pm #1362042

solonH

Hi,

How long ago did you perform the test? An hour ago we disabled English and now the webpage is only in Greek. If it only on one language then it works OK.

Thx

September 8, 2017 at 2:02 pm #1365131

Joanna

Hello @solonh,

I did the test with the English language visible when logged in. You can enable the "Display hidden languages" option in Users->Your Profile->WPML language settings and this is how I tested the site.

However, I consulted the case with our Developers and they suggested trying the workaround from https://wpml.org/errata/when-changing-order-status-woocommerce-e-mails-are-sent-in-the-default-language/.

Please let me know if that helps in your case.

The topic ‘[Closed] Fields in a Product with "WC PDF vouchers" plugin do not propagate in English’ is closed to new replies.