Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
October 17, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4775035

Adela Ferenczik

I am trying to: successfully upload the translated files into the Translation Hub for our client Ingenia Comunicación but they appear as "Failed" and the error message tells us the source segments in the files we're uploading do not match the original source segments. We have checked the files with different CAT tools and cannot see the problem.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

Batch name (if related): Feliz Caminar|WPML|es|2

October 17, 2019 at 5:29 pm #4776305

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thanks for contacting our support forum.

Can you please upload the file to any online drive, and send me the link to download it at the next reply.

Also, I have checked the batch: Feliz Caminar|WPML|es|2, and it is related to the site: hidden link, is this right?

Is this is right, so what is the site: hidden link?

Also can you please send me the link to the job on translation hub site?

Also can you
Best regards.

October 18, 2019 at 5:40 am #4778675

Adela Ferenczik

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for your support.
Please find below the link to the files: hidden link
This is the link to the batch in Translation Hub (Feliz Caminar|WPML|es): hidden link
Sorry for my mistake, the site we are working with is hidden link for this client.

If there is anything else you need, please let me know.

Kind regards.

October 18, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4783669

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the info, but as I understand from your message that the TH doesn't accept the XLIFF file you upload and as I can see on your project: hidden link that most of the jobs have the statue "translated" which means that the file has been uploaded without issues, so can you please let me know which job and which file exactly that you can't upload.

Best regards.

October 21, 2019 at 6:58 am #4791495

Adela Ferenczik

Hi again,

This is taking too long and our client needs all the translations. I kindly ask you to speed up the process, please!

If you have a look at all the jobs, you can see 20 of them which have the status "created" and they appear in grey. We have them all translated but when we upload them on the TH we get the "Failed" message. The files which fail are: 37564, 37567, 37618, 37670, 37673, 37674, 37675, 37676, 37677, 37678, 37679, 37680, 37681, 37682, 37683, 37684, 37685, 37686, 37687, 37688.

Regards.

October 21, 2019 at 9:34 am #4792853

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

The greyed jobs are like this because there are newer jobs for the same page, and if you opened any one of them you will see this message: (Please translate the new version of this document instead of this one! >> Open newer job.)
For example:
Old job - hidden link
The newer job for the same page: hidden link

and as you can see the newer job has been translated so no need to upload the translation for the old job, so please ask the client to check the translation of these pages on his site and let me know if there is an issue with them on the client site.

Best regards.

October 22, 2019 at 10:46 am #4801389

Adela Ferenczik

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your explanation.
I passed on the information to the client and will let you know if they have still got problems.
We keep in touch.
Kind regards.

October 22, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4803069

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks and please let me know if you have any doubts

October 23, 2019 at 3:34 pm #4812843

Adela Ferenczik

Hi Ahmed,

I'm back again with some feedback from our client.
They can still see some of the pages as "Needs update" as a status.
Could you please check if there is anything we need to do with these pages?
They should be already translated, but we are not sure.
We don't know if they correspond to these files which gave us error at integration.
I attach the screenshots the client sent us.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards.

October 24, 2019 at 9:00 am #4817643

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

The state "Needs update" means that you have updated the original post after sending the jobs and before receiving the translation, so WPML automatically treats the old jobs as out of date and cancel the jobs.

We handled this case at the latest version of WPML by showing a pop-up message to the users if they are going to change the original content for any in-progress job.

For now, the only solution will be to send these jobs again to the translation service, then ask the service to use the translation memory to re-translate without extra cost, then re-deliver the content to the site.

Best regards.