This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by arnoldS-2 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
February 26, 2019 at 12:53 pm

arnoldS-2

I am trying to:

Display the "Filter by price" Widget as shown here hidden link

to display here; hidden link

and here:

hidden link
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Instead, I got:

It does not display

February 27, 2019 at 7:59 am #3248756

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Could you please add three "filter products by price" to e-shop sidebar and make select one language for one widget ?
See if the issue persists.

Regards,

March 11, 2019 at 9:18 pm #3316799

arnoldS-2

Thank you. I tried this and it doesn't resolve the issue.

March 13, 2019 at 12:06 pm #3332793

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the checking.

The thing is you do not have any product in Hebrew or French: hidden link
Make sure that the products exist and that prices have been set in the other languages as well.

The widget should be displayed in Hebrew when you have products in Hebrew with valid price.
Same rule goes to French as well.

Regards,

March 13, 2019 at 12:58 pm #3333629

arnoldS-2

Thank you for your response but I have products in Hebrew and French. They are just not translated and this widget should work regardless of the fact. If the products appear in Hebrew and French then the pricing filter also needs to work.

Thank you.

March 13, 2019 at 4:11 pm #3336127

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

We need to reproduce this in a fresh installation to troubleshoot/check further.

Please go to hidden link
Install your theme
Configure the WPML as you have it in your site. on the last step just click next (sitekey)
Create only one product and category
Translate them
Reproduce the issue

let us know how to check this.

Regards,

March 14, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3345619

arnoldS-2

I tried your instructions and the site didn't load fully.

You are welcome to install Duplicator on my site and create a development site for yourself.

March 17, 2019 at 11:46 am #3363237

Riffaz
Supporter

I tried your instructions and the site didn't load fully.
- did you try to migrate or clone the site?
- you just have to install the theme and create a product and a category.

You are welcome to install Duplicator on my site and create a development site for yourself.
- I could not migrate your site using our dedicated service for this : hidden link
- This is very strange. this service is efficient and very easy to migrate.
- I could not create duplicate package either : hidden link and it says hosting is blocking something.

I suspect your A2 or caching plugins have something to do with this.

I suggest you to disable all the plugins including A2 and caching then check the issue.
If you still see the issue contact your hosting provider and ask them to check the server log.
They can say why did the CloudWay migration and duplicator packages fail .

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

March 17, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3363261

arnoldS-2

Thank you for your reply Riffaz.

It appears you didn't check the site; hidden link

It does work to a great extent but not fully. There are working Products in it. Did you not check this?

The widgets appear to work in English. I cannot enter the backend of the site. You may be able to debug with the uploaded site as it is.

I am using UpdraftPlus (an alternate back-up/duplicator plugin) without any issues. I cannot understand why you even use Duplicator. Is this a plugin that is owned by WPML?

With previous tickects your support staff has migrated my sites with success and never came back with the following;

"I suspect your A2 or caching plugins have something to do with this.

I suggest you to disable all the plugins including A2 and caching then check the issue.
If you still see the issue contact your hosting provider and ask them to check the server log.
They can say why did the CloudWay migration and duplicator packages fail ."

So please have look at the site I migtrated for you. The link to this site is contained in this ticket. It may be suitable for you to debug the issue.

Failing that I am happy to make another online duplicate for you to debug.

Thank you for your assistance.

March 17, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3363287

Riffaz
Supporter

It appears you didn't check the site
- I did check but I am also unable to login to the site
- and unable to open the pages.
- it goes like this hidden link when I open any page.
- it seems some setting in your site or hosting are preventing copying the whole site.

March 17, 2019 at 12:40 pm #3363345

arnoldS-2

Have you looked at this: hidden link

Are you able to login here? If not open a new sandbox, send me the link to upload a fresh copy.

I use Rename-wp-login plugin and that may be causing a login issue. I will deactivate it for you once I migrate the site.

I contacted A2hosting and they confirmed there tend to be more issues with Duplicator as opposed to UpDraftPlus. (I used Updraft to migrate the site)

I will do a further investigation and report back to me.

In the interim, let's try it with a new sandbox installation.

Thank you

PS Do not do any debugging on my live site as It has already been screwed by someone playing around with.

March 17, 2019 at 1:11 pm #3363453

Riffaz
Supporter

You can use this : hidden link

I suggest you to disable all the plugins except WPML and it's AddOns. Then start the process/migration.

March 17, 2019 at 8:19 pm #3364609

arnoldS-2

I have prepared a migration for you using Updraft. I couldn't finalise the migration due to an error;

Warnings:

This looks like a migration (the backup is from a site with a different address/URL, hidden link).
The database server that this WordPress site is running on doesn't support the collation (utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci) used in the database which you are trying to import. You can choose another suitable collation instead and continue with the restoration (at your own risk).

Maybe you will know what option to choose as I have never experienced such an error using Updraft. The backup files have already been uploaded to Sandbox.

You can then deactivate A2Optimized and Easy Hide Login.

March 17, 2019 at 9:29 pm #3364829

arnoldS-2

Update:

I was able to install everything apart from the database. The version of WordPress my not be matching the one on wpsandbox. - Only a guess.

I did some research, look here;
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/please-help-323/

Your sandbox may not be compatible.

By the way I made another backup and did deactivated A2Optimized - but then again it is only a plugin and doesn't effect an actual migration.

If you have problems refer it to https://wpml.org/forums/users/itamar/ as he has successfully migrated my sites in the past.

This is a solution I found;

The quickest sollution is to contact your host and let them know the MySQL version they are running doesn’t support utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci collation types and you need them to upgrade. Tell them their database is throwing this error:

database error write ‘Unknown collation: ‘utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci”

March 18, 2019 at 5:36 pm #3371969

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I discussed with Itamar.
The site the migrated has been deleted and he does not remember how it was done.

Let's forget about migrating the site.

1. go to hidden link
2. install your theme UltraSeven
3. install WooCommerce
4. configure the WPML as you have now in your site. at the last step just click next (sitekey)
5. create only one product category.
6. create only one product and assign it to the product.
7. set the filter by price as you have now in your site.
8. let us know.

Please do NOT try to migrate using Updraft/duplicator/cloudways
Let's reproduce this issue in a fresh, minimal environment.
That will be a efficient to troubleshoot this.

Regards,