This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The shop filters are not correctly appearing when my products are set as "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" in WPML > Settings > Post Types translation

Solution: Products should be set as ""Translatable - only show translated items" for filters to work correctly so you can go to WPML > Translation Management > Select and set to "Duplicate" all the desired products.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by khalidA-27 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
July 6, 2019 at 11:11 am #4155723

khalidA-27

Hi
Filter is showing and working fine in shop and category pages in Arabic. But it is not showing in English

I disabled plugins and checked widgets settings and it is the same.

Please check

July 7, 2019 at 6:23 am #4157231

khalidA-27

I knew the reason that it is not shown in English. All synchronized products to English doesn't contain attributes, even they have in original language. So as long as they don't have variations, they will disappear from filter

Thanks 🙂

July 8, 2019 at 7:38 am #4159593

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Yes, as you mention, when the attributes are not translated, they do not appear in filters.

Filter items need to be strictly translated in order to work, that's one of the "weak spots" of the fallback option you're using.

It's not really a bug, it's just that otherwise the filters would work super bad (they wouldn't really filter very well) so since you're using the fallback option, you should definitely translate your attributes, even if its just copying the same attributes to another language but they need to be present in both languages in order to work.

Regards.

July 8, 2019 at 9:51 am #4160713

khalidA-27

Hi Alejandro
Attributes are already translated

July 8, 2019 at 12:39 pm #4162461

Alejandro
Supporter

Can you try going to WPML > settings > Post Types translation > Producst > Set it to "Translatable - only show translated items" > Click "Apply"

then flush your cache and see if the duplicated products appear in the filter (only the ones that were duplicated).

Let me know how it goes.

July 8, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4162485

khalidA-27

Hi Alehandro

I tried that previously and it showed me nothing. I have no duplicated products till now in the other language

July 8, 2019 at 2:50 pm #4163695

Alejandro
Supporter

At his point, then could you please allow me access to your site (your other ticket is closed so i can't check the previous credentials you sent for me)

And also, can you please give me a reference product and a reference filter (and where to find it, in which link) so i can try to see how can we fix this issue?

Thanks

July 8, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4163741

khalidA-27

Ok
Enable private section

July 9, 2019 at 9:23 am #4168945

Alejandro
Supporter

Enabled.

July 9, 2019 at 1:06 pm #4170967

Alejandro
Supporter

I just checked the site and i noticed that the products were set as "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" and i changed it to "Translatable - only show translated items" in WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation.

Then, you'd have to duplicate your products and that's it!

Here's a video of what i did to one of the products just to show you how it's done: hidden link

WPML allows bulk duplication as well, and to do it, you need to go to WPML > Translation Management > Select and set to "Duplicate" all the desired products

That way they will all be duplicated in bulk!

You can see it how to do so in your site through this link: hidden link

Regards.

July 9, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4171225

khalidA-27

Thanks a lot, Alejandro