Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by malkaS 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
May 29, 2021 at 8:45 am #8872473

malkaS

It seems to work but only until I disable 'Look for strings while pages are rendered' option...

For instance, I've translated 'field Accessible branch name' to Hebrew, and I see it at 'String translations', but at front-end it's still in EN at HE page.

May 30, 2021 at 10:38 am #8875951

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for the info. Here is the answer from the second-tier support.

Please kindly follow the steps below:

- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation".
- Uncheck the "Look for strings while pages are rendered" option.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Troubleshooting" and click on the "Generate MO Files" option.
- It should show a modal box, if not please go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Theme and Plugin Localization" in order to display the box.
- Click the Generate MO file button.
- It should generate the following file: "/wp-content/languages/wpml/plugin types-he_IL.mo"
- The issue is now fixed on front-end: hidden link (For the Speaks Russian text but after that, you will be able to translate all)

Thank you.

June 7, 2021 at 8:36 pm #8936149

malkaS

An issue now is that the troubleshooting page is broken at production. I was able to perform the procedure above once, and then it stopped working.

At staging, it seems to work...