This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dan 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
March 8, 2019 at 6:44 pm #3294998

Dan

Dear Support folks,

The filter to "select items for translation" at hidden link
doesn't work.

Scenario:
1. select any of the options, for example content type, language, translation status
2. hit the button filter

The results are not filtered at all and dropdown option values fall back to default values.
See the attached screenshot.

If you need an archive of our site for troubleshooting, I have sent an archive to one of your supports recently when sorting out a different issue: david.g@onthegosystems.com

Thanks much for your help!
Henri

March 11, 2019 at 5:34 am #3307795

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I just tested the issue on one of the test site and I can see the filters are working properly, It seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup

If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 11, 2019 at 8:09 am #3308259

Dan

Hi Shekhar,
I have gone through the steps you mentioned, though I had already done that before:
- tried out to disable all plugins except for wpml related.
- used a different theme
- debug.log is empty

I think best is that I send you a duplicator archive of our website.
Do you have an e-mail address? I will send you access as this forum isn't exactly private.
Thanks much!
Henri

March 11, 2019 at 8:27 am #3308421

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Sure, my email address is shekhar.b@onthegosystems.com

Will wait for your reply.

Thanks

March 11, 2019 at 9:25 am #3309107

Dan

Hi Shekhar,
I just sent you a link for our archive.
I exluded things like the uploads folder to make it less heavy.
Best,
Henri

March 13, 2019 at 10:32 am #3332015

Dan

Hi Shekhar,
I haven't heard from you so far.
Did you get my link for the duplicator archive?
Thanks to let me know,
Henri

March 13, 2019 at 12:17 pm #3333019

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Is the file being sent using isoc.app.box.com? I tried to download the file but it's only 16.8kb, do I need to register there to download the file?

Also, I don't see database backup file there, could you check that once?

Thanks

March 13, 2019 at 12:45 pm #3333497

Dan

Apologies Shekhar, I realise that something went wrong with the file upload to box.com
I have re-uploaded and sent you a link. The zip is around 196MB.
Let me know if you get is as expected.
Best,
Henri

March 13, 2019 at 1:20 pm #3333885

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I was able to download the file, but the sql file is still missing, could you please upload the sql file too.

Thanks

March 13, 2019 at 3:51 pm #3335935

Dan

Hi Shekhar,
I have sent you a link to the database.
Best regards,
Henri

March 14, 2019 at 7:06 am #3340811

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I replicated your site on my localhost but couldn't replicate the problem as I can use the filter without any issues, so to further debug this issue, I would like to check the isuse on your site itself. I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Thanks

March 14, 2019 at 11:20 am #3343587

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I tested your site and the filters are working fine, could you please test the issue on different computer or browser or in private window?

Thanks

March 14, 2019 at 11:41 am #3343849

Dan

Hi Shekhar,
I have just had one of my colleagues testing it with fresh browser and machine.
Same result. Not sure if you understand the issue correctly.

Under "Select items for translation", when you select "News" (instead of default page) and hit "Filter" the listed results will be only pages instead of news and the drop down jumps back to "Page". None of the Content types (Resource, action, news, etc) can be filtered.

If you still can't reproduce it, would you be available for a call via zoom, slack, Skype or anything else to share screens?
Let me know,
Henri

March 15, 2019 at 8:29 am #3351927

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I created a video while following the steps so please take a look here and let me know if I missed something.
hidden link

Thanks

March 15, 2019 at 11:00 am #3353253

Dan

Hi Shekhar,

I see now and had an idea.
Using a VPN, I connected via India and then it immediately works.
Then I tried US and Switzerland (where I am based) and it stopped working.
This was on hidden link

Looks for me like a caching issue related to the CDN, i.e. the edge server in India must have been completely fresh in terms of cache, and that's probably why it works there.
Mystery solved but not fixed!
Thanks for your great support!
I will contact our Hosting company and discuss with them what's going on.
Let me know if you have an idea how we could fix this.
Best regards,
Henri