This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dan 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
March 18, 2019 at 5:48 am #3366019

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I will contact our Hosting company and discuss with them what's going on.

Did you receive any feedback from them?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 18, 2019 at 3:01 pm #3370547

Dan

Hi Shekhar,
our hosting company is looking into it.

However, trying the same on my local dev install it doesn't work either.
Did you try on a local dev install? And does it work there?
Thanks to let me know,
Henri

March 19, 2019 at 6:43 am #3375873

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, it works for me on my localhost too.

Let's wait for the reply from the hosting company.

Thanks

April 8, 2019 at 6:58 pm #3560889

Dan

Hi Shekhar,

Coming back regarding this issue as our hosting partner hasn't been able to find a solution so far

That weird issue when it works depending on where I connect with my VPN makes me believe that there is some resource blocked in some countries.

Besides that, I am suspecting Redis Caching. The filter works indeed on my local development instance, but that one doesn't have Redis. I haven't gone into installing Redis on my local machine.
Is there any known issue with WPML/Redis? Are you able to test this on your own environment with Redis installed?

Also, I found another wpml ticket that obviously has exactly the same problem:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/difficulty-switching-to-see-posts-in-translation-management-panel/page/3/
This confirms my idea that it's a problem related to Redis.
I wonder if there is a way to disable Redis for wpml admin pages.

As alway, thanks for your precious feedback!
Best regards,
Henri

April 9, 2019 at 9:34 am #3564905

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I tested in my localhost with Redis enabled and I couldn't replicate the problem at all.

Is there any known issue with WPML/Redis?

I just checked our internal system and there are not any issues with the WPML/Redis, there was a similar report but our 2nd tier supporters couldn't replicate the issue so it was closed.

To disable Redis you can use the following constant: WP_REDIS_IGNORED_GROUPS

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp_redis_ignored_groups-2/

Also, we recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

April 9, 2019 at 9:58 am #3565085

Dan

Hi Shekhar,
The wpml updates trigger the following errors below.
Is there another update underway to fix this?
Waiting with updating for now.
Thanks,
Henri

[Tue Apr 09 11:51:05.130265 2019] [php7:notice] [pid 19905] [client 127.0.0.1:53774] WordPress database error Duplicate column name 'field_wrap_tag' for query ALTER TABLE wp_icl_translate ADD `field_wrap_tag` VARCHAR( 16 ) NOT NULL AFTER `field_type` made by require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_Upgrade_Loader->wpml_upgrade, WPML_Upgrade->run, WPML_Upgrade->run_admin, WPML_Upgrade->run_commands, WPML_Upgrade->run_command, WPML_Upgrade->maybe_run_admin, WPML_Upgrade_Add_Column_To_Table->run_admin, WPML_Upgrade_Add_Column_To_Table->run, WPML_Upgrade_Schema->add_column
[Tue Apr 09 11:51:07.236398 2019] [php7:notice] [pid 19905] [client 127.0.0.1:53774] WordPress database error Duplicate column name 'wrap_tag' for query ALTER TABLE wp_icl_strings ADD `wrap_tag` VARCHAR( 16 ) NOT NULL AFTER `location` made by require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_Upgrade_Loader->wpml_upgrade, WPML_Upgrade->run, WPML_Upgrade->run_admin, WPML_Upgrade->run_commands, WPML_Upgrade->run_command, WPML_Upgrade->maybe_run_admin, WPML_Upgrade_Add_Column_To_Table->run_admin, WPML_Upgrade_Add_Column_To_Table->run, WPML_Upgrade_Schema->add_column

April 9, 2019 at 10:08 am #3565155

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Are you trying to update to WPML 4.2.5 right?

Could you please go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons and let me know if that helps:

+ Set Language information
+ Clear Cache in WPML
+ Fix element types collation
+ Assign translation status to duplicated content

Thanks

April 9, 2019 at 10:16 am #3565233

Dan

ah ok, that fixed it (cache clearing).
I will let you know regarding the Redis issue and the filter.
Henri

April 9, 2019 at 11:20 am #3566001

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure, look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 9, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3567719

Dan

These latest wpml updates have now solved that issue, most problably related to Redis. We have been struggling with this issue for about 6 months!
Opening champaign now!
Thanks much again for your precious work on that!
All the best Henri