No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 9:16 am #4399833

Monika Bujanowicz

We are trying to translate not only Pages, but also Posts and other types of content.

As per screenshot, on Translation Dashboard when we try to filter for Posts in Select Items for Translation, after clicking Filter, it resets to Page anyway. The same happens when we select All types.

It looks like a serious bug and it's now a stopper for us and our client because we cannot filter out certain items for translation other than Page, hence we cannot display them and add them to translation basket. Together with our client, we've invested a lot of time, energy and money in development as well as connecting WPML to memoQ and this issue is really frustrating, especially that we tried to get help on it in another ticket and no one answers 3rd day in a row.

Please help ASAP!!!

August 15, 2019 at 11:42 am #4400489

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Could you please list the WPML plugin's versions you are using on the site or make a screenshot of the plugins page where I can see WPML?

I have done tests on the fresh installation and I wasn't able to replicate the issue you have described. The moment I choose a custom post type and filter it, it stays unchanged.

I would assume that something may affects to this behavior. Could you please deactivate all non-WPML related plugins and test this again?
If you have got the development server to test, try also with any default theme.

Make sure to take a backup before doing any changes on the site.

August 15, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4400915

Monika Bujanowicz

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your reply. Please take a look at the screenshot showing the plugins. Not all of them are activated. I have deactivated Members plugin you see on the screen but it doesn't change anything as again, anything I select from the dropdown, after clicking "Filter" resets to Page anyway, including All types.

We are actually working on the development server, so I will ask the development.

Also, as per your other reply to the other post (the other post is about the same thing, actually, so let's keep it all here in this thread, OK?), I'll ask the development to check what's the custom post type and if it's been marked up for translation.

Perhaps it has something to do with the plugins from the Must-use tab (another screen). But can it work the way it stops the whole Select items for translation filter? That's pretty strange.

Many thanks.

August 15, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4401791

Andrey
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. Monika. One ticket is better if this about one thing. Yes, the plugins are the latest ones.

I noticed some custom files located in the must use tab. I would temporarily deactivate them all for testing purpose. I can't guarantee if this is going to resolve the problem but this good start point. If it solves the issue, then you would need to find the exact plugin and try to solve the incompatibility.

August 27, 2019 at 10:25 am #4465179

Monika Bujanowicz

Hi,

The client looked for the cause of the issue and replied as below. Could you please check if it may be the case and get back to us?

„At this time we are still unable to add items from Custom Post types to the translation bucket.
We recently discovered this is a result of Platform SH the hosting that was chosen, and we are working to fix this. 
If you are able to run translations on the jobs that are in there, we can at least test that portion until we can get more going.
Thanks for your patience while we sort out WPML and Hosting issue.”

August 27, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4466641

Andrey
Supporter

As far as I understood they found the cause of the issue. I believe they need to fix this first to go further with the project.

Since this is the support forum for "How to" questions and if you'd like us to check the issue directly on the client's site, you would need to create a ticket on the regular support forum (https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/). For this, you would need to ask your developer to do it. I can see his name is marjorieg-3.