This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by bryceN 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
May 17, 2013 at 9:34 am #128142

irene

Hi, i am using woo commerce and i am facing a problem when translating the filter widgets in two languages. I have color and size filters on the sidebar of my shop, and i customize the colors and sizes in one language and they work fine. Then i switch to the second language to translate them, and they work fine too in this new language, but the translation for the first language is disappeared. I tried this several times, and it doesn't work. It only works for one language. How do i translate filter widgets with woo commerce?

Thanks

May 17, 2013 at 9:56 am #128146

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Irene,

I have a basic WooCommerce installation set-up using the WordPress default theme however I do not see any filter widgets for colour or size anywhere. (I have already created those global attributes)

Are the widgets you refer to coming from a plugin or your theme?

May 17, 2013 at 9:59 am #128147

irene

Hi Sarah, thanks for your reply!
They are coming from this plugin that i bought on the woocommerce extensions page: hidden link

May 17, 2013 at 10:08 am #128148

sarah.n
Supporter

Do you think is possible for you to send me a copy so I can use for testing? I will email you shortly about it. Please stand by.

May 17, 2013 at 10:10 am #128149

sarah.n
Supporter

I've just sent the email. Let me know if you have not received it.

May 17, 2013 at 10:33 am #128162

sarah.n
Supporter

Irene,

This is simply to inform you that I received the theme download link and have already downloaded it. I will go ahead and install it and get back to you here as soon as I know more.

May 17, 2013 at 10:48 am #128171

sarah.n
Supporter

Is it the "WooCommerce Layered Nav Filters" widget you are using?

May 17, 2013 at 1:09 pm #128230

irene

No. The WooCommerce Ajax Layered Nav Filters.

May 17, 2013 at 1:28 pm #128235

sarah.n
Supporter

I see, well I think I'll have to take you up on your offer to provide temporary access credentials to you site because I can't get the widget to display anything even for the default language on my set-up.

I'll email you shortly.

May 17, 2013 at 1:30 pm #128236

sarah.n
Supporter

You should have my email by now with the standard text we sent to users for such cases.

May 30, 2013 at 7:39 am #131474

sarah.n
Supporter

Irene,

I have just received an email reply from you explaining your reasons for the delay and your concerns for sharing access details with me.

We always encourage users to backup their files and database before sharing any access credentials with us however if you still feel unsure what I would suggest is that you email me a copy of your database as well as the contents of "wp-content" so I can replicate the issue locally.

Please keep in mind though that the second option will take longer and it may fail to reproduce the issue you are having resulting in further delay.

You tell me what you prefer. I will be here willing to work with you and with the method you choose.

May 30, 2013 at 2:31 pm #131619

irene

Hello, thank you very much for your reply and your understanding. I would prefer if you could work on a different server. You can download the sql + wp_content folder here:

dealsite.com.cy/shop/Archive.zip

If you have difficulties reproducing it, then i shall give you admin passwords so that you can work on the actual site.

Thank you for your cooperation!!

May 31, 2013 at 6:44 am #131714

sarah.n
Supporter

Hello Irene,

Thank you for the files. I will update you here as soon as I have reproduced the problem.

May 31, 2013 at 7:49 am #131733

irene

Thank you so much Sarah. Tell me if you need anything!

May 31, 2013 at 11:55 am #131827

sarah.n
Supporter

Irene,

I have imported your db and I now have the site in-front of me. Where exactly do I go to view the problem? Which page I mean?

The topic ‘[Closed] Filter Widgets Translation’ is closed to new replies.