This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by bryceN 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
May 31, 2013 at 11:55 am #131828

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Is it /shop/?

May 31, 2013 at 12:02 pm #131832

sarah.n
Supporter

OK I think I have the correct page.

Now I suspect you are trying to translate the widget titles like "PRICE FILTER", "COLOR" etc. Correct?

If you go under "WPML -> String Translation" and select "Widgets" as context you will see those strings registered there for translation.

Do you see the strings?

May 31, 2013 at 12:13 pm #131839

irene

Hi Sarah and thank you for your help!! I want to translate the colors and attributes, ie the contents of the widgets and i get error like these:

hidden link

hidden link

I also want to translate the titles, but the inner content is what causes the errors..

May 31, 2013 at 12:19 pm #131843

sarah.n
Supporter

Oh dear that's an ugly error! Let's see...
Could you please give me the steps to reproduce it on my local installation?

May 31, 2013 at 12:56 pm #131856

irene

Em.. I just translated the site in greek. So i have a shop page in english which i translated to greek (using the duplicate button inside the english shop page). If you go to Appearance -> Widget there is a widget called Woo Commerce Ajax Layered Nav. Then drag this widgets on the Shop sidebar and select one of the available attributes eg. color and display type: color selector you can see a list of colors. This is where i chose the color codes. Now this looks good on the english version but if you switch to the greek version it's messed up. I am not sure if i explained it correctly..

May 31, 2013 at 1:29 pm #131870

sarah.n
Supporter

Irene,

Yes, I understand but then I should be able to see the same errors on my local installation as it was build using the db dump and files you sent me.

I don't see the same errors. For me the content displays just fine - see attached screenshot.

May 31, 2013 at 2:09 pm #131884

irene

Hi Sarah, it is the same error as mine! I just have the debug mode on.. If i have the debug mode off, then it displays empty grey boxes like yours..
If you try to insert values to the greek version then the english version stops working, and vice versa. :/

June 3, 2013 at 5:04 am #132243

sarah.n
Supporter

OK well, let me also turn on the debug mode and see what I find. I'll keep you updated.

June 3, 2013 at 5:14 am #132244

sarah.n
Supporter

Right I now see what you mean. This could very well be an incompatibility issue and I need to bring it to the attention of our WCML developers.

The widget needs to be made able to "read" the translated attributes for the secondary language.

June 3, 2013 at 7:23 am #132266

irene

OK thank you very much sarah. When i bought the theme, it said that it is wpml compatible.
Just to be sure, to translate the attributes i just switch language from the top admin bar, and when i go to widgets i change the values there. Is that right? I also tried the "Widget Logic" to translate widgets independently but it doesn't work. I would really appreciate your help on this!!!

June 3, 2013 at 7:56 am #132284

sarah.n
Supporter

Irene,

This has nothing to do with the theme. The widget comes from a WooCommerce add-on plugin: hidden link that you theme author includes in his theme.

The problem needs to be resolved there.

In reply to:

"....to translate the attributes i just switch language from the top admin bar, and when i go to widgets i change the values there. Is that right?"

Actually not. Normally, widget translation is handled over the String Translation screen.

In the case of this particular widget however things are a little different. The widget is designed to retrieve the global product attributes ("Product -> Attributes") you have created.

These are already translated. The widget however does not recognize this and this is what needs to be fixed.

I'll get back to you here as soon as I hear from our WCML developer.

Thank you for your patience!

June 3, 2013 at 8:02 am #132288

irene

I have already contacted the plugin authors as well as the theme authors but they are not willing to help.. Since they blame each other and they say that it is nor their responsibility.

Ok thank you soo much for your help!!!!!! I really appreciate it!!!

June 5, 2013 at 9:36 am #133028

sarah.n
Supporter

Irene,

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner but I am still waiting to hear from our WCML developer regarding this WooCommerce extension.

It seems we have reports of other WooCommerce extensions with incompatibility issues so I will add this to the list.

I will close the ticket for now but as soon as the extension is made WPML compatible you will be notified.

January 17, 2014 at 11:16 pm #323258

bryceN

I am experiencing similar problems.. Has this issue been addressed yet?

Bryce.

The topic ‘[Closed] Filter Widgets Translation’ is closed to new replies.