Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 33 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 23, 2018 at 9:45 am #2430504

gabrielP-16

Hello Dear,
I translate all of product attribute
in English version all the Filter is appeared .

but i miss them in french translation website.

please find attachment for more detail.

you can find the filter in the middle of the page.
hidden link

Best Regards,
Gabriel

June 25, 2018 at 9:46 am #2432190

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

how did you create the dropdown with the filters?

You can try to go to
WPML -> Languages -> Language filtering for AJAX operations -> check the box Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX and see if this resolves the issue

June 26, 2018 at 5:42 am #2434164

gabrielP-16

Hello Laura
I active the filtering for AJAX , but its not workable,
actually all the filter is working, just the colour not working.

what i did is is translate the string in (string translation), then in appearance->widgets->woocommerce Filter topbar ,

-if i choose display language :English
will be just in English website,french No

-if i choose Display language :French
will not be shown in french website, English No

-if i choose Display language : all language
will be just display in english, French No.

in case if i add the colours in colours box in french website, this problem will be reverse, as its will be empty from English website.

Regards,

June 26, 2018 at 7:54 am #2434395

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

What happens if you have 2 widgets, one to display in English and one to display in French?

June 26, 2018 at 9:13 am #2434683

gabrielP-16

Hello,
Its done, thanks.
just if i want to add 5-6 Lang. i should add 5-6 widget ?! there is no other solution, am i right?

Regards,

June 26, 2018 at 3:52 pm #2435812

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

translating strings from String Translation should work, so we can investigate it further if you want, but you can use the widget workaround in the meanwhile.

If you wish to proceed with debugging, you should explain which widget you were trying to translate and the exact process you followed to do it.
I would also need your site's credential to take a look. If this is the case, just tell me and I'll enable a private reply. Please don't share sensitive information on public forum.

June 27, 2018 at 5:34 am #2436743

gabrielP-16

Hello Dear,
As the website will be totally 5 language i prefer to do professional work,
i appreciate if you allow me to give you the site credential detail .

Regards,
Gabriel

June 27, 2018 at 11:24 am #2438168

Laura
Supporter

Sure, add them in the next reply.
I will probably need also a copy of your site.

June 28, 2018 at 2:26 pm #2441814

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I gave a look at your site and I have a few questions.

If I go to string translation, I see there are 2 Filter by colour strings, and only one is translated. What happens if you translate the other one too?

There is also a string "Filtrer par couleur" which is from your French widget but ST registers it as being in English (this is normal because it automatically detects strings as being in English). You should change it to French.

Lastly, I want you to do a test. It's very strange that only this widget gives problem, so I have a suspect. You should do as it follows:
- Backup your database
- Remove the French widget
- Remove all your colours except one
- Set the widget as "all language"
- See if it's visible in French

If this resolve the problem we have a good hint for the developers.
If not, I will ask for a copy of your site.

June 29, 2018 at 4:52 am #2443115

gabrielP-16

Dear Laura,
the Filtrer par couleur String issue has been solved,
for the filter widget ,i did what to you ask , also i delete the widget and make new in English and translate the colour and add product for that colour but still Not work .!
Caught my attention two note:
1-For the translation language the product is not assigned to main attribute automatically i should add the attribute again for the translation language , Is it Normal?
ex:if i have Product Name English with attribute black, when translating Product English to Product French, you should select the attribute for that.

2-En the filter when you colour for the selected colour name, in french this color(colour number) not assigned, and if you select one, can not saved(if its for all language)
(attached colour) - is it normal ?

and if you choose the colour and saved for french, will apear in french website and removed from ENglish !

let me know how can i send you copy of website.
Regards,

June 29, 2018 at 7:43 am #2443422

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I think the issues you reported aren't the supposed behaviour, but I'll check when I have the website copy.
I see you have Updraft Plus, you can use that or the Duplicator plugin to create a copy of your website (I'll need database, plugins and theme). Then upload it on Dropbox, Google Drive or another space of your choice, and share the link in the private answer I'll enable. Please be sure that sharing options are enabled or I won't be able to download the package.

July 2, 2018 at 8:33 am #2452564

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I downloaded your backup and I will work on it. In the meanwhile, we released a new WPML and WCML version that might have a fix for your problem.

Could you please update to the latest version and tell me how it goes? Thanks.

July 2, 2018 at 6:57 pm #2454953

gabrielP-16

Hello Laura,
i update WPML, but unfortunately No, its not solved.

Waiting for your positive replay.
Thanks and Regards,

July 2, 2018 at 7:05 pm #2454984

gabrielP-16

Hello Laura,
Just for your information i try to add new widget (as we test before), for new update its not workable, as i think we should set each product colour attribute (again) for language france, and also i try to do it but i couldnt.
also as we will import more than 350 products to website, so it will be so difficult !
hope that you could find a solution.

Regards,

July 4, 2018 at 7:52 am #2460588

Laura
Supporter

Hi, sorry for the delay in response.
I started working on your backup, but plugins are missing. Can you please send them somewhere? I'll enable a private reply.

The topic ‘[Closed] FILTER (Woocommerce Products Filter)’ is closed to new replies.