This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 25, 2019 at 6:23 pm #3889797

Vicente

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm working in a multilingual Worpress website using the theme "OPAL MaisonCo" (which comes with "Elementor") and WPML to manage the language versions and their translations.

I am using 3 widgets (elements) specific to the OPAL MaisonCo theme:
- OPAL apartment information (see my "opal widget 1" image)
- OPAL text carousel (see my "opal widget 2" image)
- OPAL Flip Box (see my "opal widget 3" image )

These widgets have their own fields. And I need to translate these fields.

Up to now I couldn’t find yet the text of these fields in WPML. I need to reach these fields in order to provide the corresponding translation.

a) Information about the “OPAL apartment”. My work is relied on the OPAL demo material and one of the templates that come with it (see my image "opal template apartment information"). In it there is a description text at the beginning and, after, informative fields: "Floor No", "Rooms", "Total square meters", Parking "," Price ". I have put my own labels in these fields. When I have finished, I have accessed the translation of this template by means of the WPML pencil (see my image "WPML translation editor for the apartment information template"), but there is only the initial descriptive text and these fields are not present in the screen. Then, using WPML, I looked at the strings of the widget (domain) "maisonco-core" (see my image "strings by domain WPML"). Among these strings I find the texts of the labels used in the demo material ("Rooms", "Price", etc.), but the new texts of the labels that I have put replacing the old texts are not present there.

b) Information about “OPAL Text Carousel” and “OPAL Flip Box”. They are used as elements of one of our web pages. When I have finished entering their texts, I have accessed the translation of this page through the WPML pencil, but the texts of these 2 widgets are not present on this translation screen of the page where they are placed.

I was trying what is explained in this link:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

But when I made a click on "Translate texts in the administration screens" for the widget that interests me ("maisonco-core") I only found an element that says "_multiwidget", I did not find strings. Maybe I do not understand what "_multiwidget" means, and the solution may already be here. I don't know.

As I told you before, I need to translate these texts because our website is multilingual. Can you tell me where could I find these strings or what do I have to do to see and translate them?

As an additional question, could you see how the number of strings detected for domain "maisonco-core" by WPML are "1.316" (see my image "strings detected WPML") and the strings available in WPML to translate in this same domain are only 1.132 (see my image "strings by domain WPML"? There is a difference of 184.
Maybe the strings I didn't find justify this difference? How could I see these strings in the list of strings to translate?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
7 screen images

What is the link to your site?
I have the site accessing protected while developping.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,
Vicenç

May 27, 2019 at 12:29 pm #3897173

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 27, 2019 at 1:26 pm #3897567

Vicente

Hello Mihai and thank you for your answer.

I prefer not giving you by now the temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to our site. I would like only to have your help by giving me information to concrete questions.

I only need to know where I have to implement the translation of the fields belonging to 3 OPAL MaisonCo widgets. I informed about these 3 widgets in my first post and I'm going to do it again below.

- OPAL apartment information
- OPAL text carousel
- OPAL Flip Box

I sent in my first post some screen images where you can see the kind of fields used in those widgets.

I propose to you two alternatives:

1) A general answer about where to find terms to translate belonging to widgets that come with a theme when you have difficulties to find them. I have read about this in your documentation and I didn't clear up my doubt up to now. This can be a more long way to solve the issue.

2) Much better if you can try yourself in your installation using this theme MaisonCo and trying to translate the fields from the 3 widgets indicated before. This would be very useful for me and also you will know more about this theme translated through WPML and this will be also useful for others users in the future.

I prefer proceed this way because I think that We are not in front of an issue about an error or something not working, but an issue of asking for information (only this).

Thank you very much for your help and for your understanding.

Regards,
Vicenç

May 27, 2019 at 2:28 pm #3898361

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Vicenç.

Unfortunately, there is not much that I can help you with without having any debug information available about the site to be able to see what plugins/versions you have installed etc. taking also into consideration that I was not able to find other tickets related to this theme on our support forum.

However, I was not able to find the theme that you are using as being part of our official WPML-compatible themes repository here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Also, from what I can see here (hidden link), there is a theme user that is also asking about WPML help and the theme developers asked them to create a support ticket here: hidden link (I will also attach a screenshot with that part I am referring to).

My recommendation is that you contact the plugin authors and recommend them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their plugin 100% compatible with WPML for free.

I hope this information helps. 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 27, 2019 at 4:14 pm #3899577

Vicente

Thanks again, Mihai.

I have read in several posts of your forum that the fact of a particular theme is not being part of your official WPML-compatible themes repository, is not a definitive reason to conclude that it is not compatible.

On the other hand, we can see in the screenshot attached that OPAL support team is answering the theme user advising him to use WPML. So we can deduct they are assuming that their theme is WPML compatible.

I have been also in touch with this support team before about the related issue and, in all the posts, we have been talking about the use of WPML to translate our web (with the theme MaisonCo-single-property) with total normality. In all the communications from them they never have said that their theme is not compatible with WPML.

I will write again the OPAL support team suggesting them what you have indicated, to join your 'Go Global' program. But all of this take us very far in time and a need a solution for now. My customer is waiting for a solution to get their web working and accessible to everybody.

So, I insist in the 2 alternatives proposed in my previous post. Specially the second one would be very useful to me.

Regards,
Vicenç

May 28, 2019 at 10:35 am #3905721

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Vicenç.

I never said that the theme is not compatible with WPML, what I said, however, is that the theme is not part of our public official WPML-compatible repository which means that nobody from our Compatibility team tested it. And yes, you are right, the fact that a theme/plugin is not part of our official repository doesn't necessarily mean that it is not compatible with WPML; it might be fully compatible, partially, or not at all.

Regarding the screenshot I attached from the ThemeForest site, I could see that the developers of the theme said there needs to be some customization done so that WPML would work good with their theme, that is why I recommended you to first open a ticket with them as I don't know what that "customization" means but I guess they might know.

In order to take a look over this, I would need either need site access or at least the latest version of the theme and exact steps on how to reproduce the exact issue that you are experiencing (practically I would need to know how to create the exact fields that you created).

And I am afraid that it might take even more time if we don't try to first ask the developers of the theme as they might know the answer to the solution already.

Something else we can do is that I can create a clean sandbox environment for you where you can set up WPML the way you have it already set up on your site, install the theme and then recreate the issue.

If the issue will happen on our servers, too, then I would be able to forward this to our Compatibility department and they could look into it even further.

But again, taking into consideration that you are looking to get this done as fast as possible and taking into consideration that this theme has never been tested with WPML by one of our Compatibility team developers, I think the fastest way you could get to a solution would be to contact the theme developers.

Please let me know what you would like us to do going forward from the options I presented.

Also, in case you write to the theme developers and you get an answer, can you please share it with me here, too, as I am sure there might be other people that will use this theme in the future and they will find your solution very helpful to their case, too.

Thank you for your understanding and I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 28, 2019 at 6:12 pm #3909317

Vicente

Thank you, Mihai, for your detailed answer and for your interest.

I have been in touch with the theme support team for a week. I have sent several tickets during these last days. They answer kindly but, unfortunatly, no solution by now. I think that they don't understand the issue, instead it is very simple in my opinion. The question is simply how to translate the content of their addons via WPML.

I wrote them again today and I have indicated in my ticket the two points commented by you: recommend them to join your 'Go Global' program, and asking them for what that "customization" means when they said to a user in their forum that some customization must be done so that WPML works fine with their theme.

I'll keep you informed.

If you could do a try meanwhile, I think it would be useful. The try is very simple and will let you find out the same issue I have found. 1) Install the theme; 2) Create a page and use any OPAL addon, for example, one very simple, "OPAL Text Carousel" (alternatively, "OPAL Flip", "OPAL Gallery" or "OPAL Apartment Info"). That's all. Just see what happens with the translation and after we comment about that. If you can not do it, don't worry.

Thank you again.
Kind regards,
Vicenç

May 29, 2019 at 8:47 am #3913355

Vicente

Hello Mihai. Let me ask you a specific question related to the same issue. Maybe this can help us with its solution. Is it normal that we find different quantity of strings from a domain if we compare: "Strings detected by WPML" and "Strings by domain list in WPML String translation"?
I attach 2 screenshots in order you can see what I mean.

May 29, 2019 at 11:34 am #3914939

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Yes, I agree with you, the issue should be very simple to be understood by them but from what I was able to see in the ThemeForest site, their English seems to be pretty bad so that's why it might be hard for them to understand what you wrote them.

You can also give them the links of this ticket we are talking on so that maybe it helps them understand things better. The link is this one: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/find-the-strings-of-a-specific-widget-of-a-theme-for-translation/

Regarding the suggestion for installing the theme and the plugins the theme comes with on a testing environment, unfortunately, I can't do that as I don't have the theme package. Only people who bought it have it.

To also answer your question regarding the count of the strings from the 2 screenshots, that is perfectly normal, because 1316 cadenas (strings) have been found in total, and that doesn't necessarily mean that all of the 1316 strings are under the "maisonco-core" domain, some of them are in the domain above, in your screenshot, called "maisonco" and some other ones might be under another domain name.

My guess is that their plugin is not 100% compatible yet with WPML and probably there are some tweaks that need to be done, as they said on ThemeForest, but I don't know why they don't simply create a public article on their site with all the information that needs to be followed so that the users of their theme can translate the theme with WPML completely.

I hope that I was able to answer your answers and I can't wait to find out what they have to say about this and what is the solution.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 29, 2019 at 11:50 am #3915135

Vicente

Thank you for asking all the questions from my previous posts. I'm going to give them the link of this ticket as you suggested. I hope this will help them.
I also wrote them yesterday through another way, a mail instead the ticket. Maybe a different member of their team will see the issue too.

I'll keep you informed.
Kind regards,
Vicenç

May 30, 2019 at 6:21 am #3920673

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you for the updates, Vicenç.

I will leave the ticket assigned to you for the moment and I'm looking forward to your response when you have any feedback from them.

Kind regards,
Mihai

June 3, 2019 at 3:35 pm #3943867

Vicente

Hi Mihai, I don't have conclusions yet about OPAL answer to the issue. But I can give some provisional information. Could I contact you by email?

June 4, 2019 at 1:48 pm #3952115

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Vicenç.

Unfortunately, our support policy allows us to offer support only via a support forum ticket or via live chat.

So do you mean that the company did not answer you yet?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

June 4, 2019 at 8:39 pm #3955161

Vicente

Hello Mihai,
And yes, they answered. But they have not solved the issue yet. They say that they are working on it. In the meanwhile some other things have happened with the theme. I will explain later. The most important is the translation issue by now.
I will keep you informed as soon as I have news about the issue by OPAL.
Thank you.

June 5, 2019 at 2:55 pm #3961991

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

I see.

Well, I hope they will be able to come up with a solution so that you can solve the issue as soon as possible.

Let me know when you have new info from them.

I will assign this ticket back to you for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

The topic ‘[Closed] Find the strings of a specific widget of a theme for translation.’ is closed to new replies.