If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 5:53 pm #3971365

Vicente

Hello Mihai,

OPAL support team has answered. I copy below the answer and I would like to ask you about your opinion. Do you think this temporary solution proposed by them is safe or is it better to wait for the theme being updated?

Next is the OPAL post. I would like to upload the "sitepress-multilingual-cms.zip" file they mention and attach in their post but I don't know how to do it from here. Tell me the way if you need it.

---------------------
Hi,

Temporarily we add translation widgets in the plugin "sitepress-multilingual-cms" , Please use the plugin we edited.

hidden link >> hidden link

We will update in the theme as soon as possible.

Thank you.

ATTACHED FILES :
sitepress-multilingual-cms.zip

June 7, 2019 at 5:02 pm #3978095

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for the feedback.

To be honest, I don't know if I would ever recommend someone to ever do that.

Editing our plugin sounds like an unhealthy way of solving things with their plugin and for sure it is not a long-term option so my suggestion would be to have them edit something in their own plugin or have them create a small plugin that will contain the right code that will make things working between their theme and WPML.

Because, depending on what did they made, that might be overwritten with one of our future updates.

They could also use our GoGlobal program that I mentioned some replies ago.

However, if you would like to try that option to solve the issue, for now, you should follow the next steps:

1. Create a full backup of your site first so that you can avoid any issue that could appear.
2. Disable the WPML plugin and then delete it
3. Install the new edited WPML plugin that you got from them
4. Activate the plugin and follow their instructions on translating that content

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Please let me know if you still have questions regarding this.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai

June 7, 2019 at 5:21 pm #3978167

Vicente

Hello Mihai,

It's just what I thought you were going to answer. I think the same. My attitude is usually very conservative. And this proposed solution has serious risks in itself, apart from what you have said about possible future WPML updates overwritting their edited version of your plugin.
I prefer to wait until they have solved the problem in a more definitive and stable way. Meanwhile we will continue only with the original version in Romanian. I will remind them about your GoGlobal program.
I'll keep you informed.
Have a good weekend.

June 7, 2019 at 5:38 pm #3978235

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Yes, it would be indeed a huge risk and I can't recommend someone something I won't do myself 🙂

Please keep me up to date whenever they have any news.

I will assign this ticket back to you for the moment.

I wish you an amazing weekend.

Kind regards,
Mihai

June 18, 2019 at 6:33 pm #4045905

Vicente

Hello Mihai,

Not solution yet from OPAL. Their last post is from June 10th. Next I copy their last message.

<<<Really so sorry for replying late, we just had a holiday.
We will update it in the theme, do not worry too much, we will notify you when the update is complete.
Thank you.>>>

So, I'm still waiting for the theme update. I'll keep you informed.

Kind regards,
Vicenç

June 18, 2019 at 6:43 pm #4045939

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Vicenç and thank you for updating me!

We hope everything will be good. 🙂

Let me know when you receive an answer from them.

I will assign this ticket back to you for the moment and it will be automatically assigned back to me when you will write to me.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 4, 2019 at 8:52 am #4141411

Vicente

Hello Mihai,

No news. Still without solution. To my last question to them on June 27, they answered five days later and they told me:

<<<Really so sorry for replying late, we just had a holiday.
We are still in the process of updating, please wait.
Thank you>>>.

As you can see, they always have a holiday.

I also asked them about their forecast and they did not answer this question. I have insisted again.

Kind regards,
Vicenç

July 4, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4145135

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Vicenç!

Thank you for keeping me updated and I am really sorry to hear about the fact that you are still waiting for an answer from them.

I hope you will get a resolution very soon and that the issues you are experiencing will be solved.

Please let me know as soon as they answer.

PS: I don't know if that's an option you would consider but maybe you can try to see if there is any other plugin that is popular and that might do the same thing the one you are using does.

I never used Opal and I am not aware of everything it can do but maybe you can think of / or at least see if there is a substitute alternative to what they offer that might also be compatible with WPML.

If you find something like that, you can also search for its name here, in our official WPML-compatible plugins repository (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) to see if it's part of it.

I will assign this ticket back to you for the moment and I will be waiting for your reply when things will start moving.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 8, 2019 at 6:17 pm #4164957

Vicente

Hello Mihai,

I keep you informed. They answered this morning.

I had asked them about their forecast in my last post. This is their answer:

<<<We are still developing this feature, sorry for the delay. Thank you>>>.

I suppose I must understand that they have not forecast. Or maybe they don't understand or, even worst, they don't want to understand 😉

When I have fresh news I will let you know.
Thank you.

Kind regards,
Vicenç

July 8, 2019 at 6:25 pm #4165025

Vicente

Mihai,

About your suggestion in a previous post, I thank you very much for it. I would say that I prefer to give a last opportunity to these people because, a part from the issue about translation, their theme covers perfectly our needs in a web concerning to the real state business and with the goal of presenting a specific residential complex (ansamblu rezidential).

Kind regards,
Vicenç

July 9, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4171899

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Vicenç.

Yes, from their answer, it seems they are still in development with a few features so it might take a little longer.

I totally understand that you prefer to try to stick with their product if that fits your project better.

I am assigning this back to you for the moment and I will be looking forward to an answer from you when you will have any feedback from them.

I wish you a great week!

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 16, 2019 at 9:16 am #4218033

Vicente

Hi Mihai,

This post is only to keep alive the support thread, and avoid the topic being closed. I received an automatic email from WPML (cleanup robot) informing me about that.

I take advantatge of this post to inform you that there are no news from OPAL. I'll keep you updated.

Kind regards,
Vicenç

The topic ‘[Closed] Find the strings of a specific widget of a theme for translation.’ is closed to new replies.