Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
November 13, 2019 at 9:17 pm #4942899

janeO

Hi Bigul:

Sorry that wasn't what I meant.

So I create a product (and in order to create it have to save so it complete) then I translate it. and then you say to update the original and I don't understand what you mean by updating the original.

L

November 14, 2019 at 11:10 am #4946171

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. As mentioned before I thought the issue is happening while doing the following steps. I had a misunderstanding that the issue is happening while you have updated the original language post after completing the translation and update translation after that.

1) Please create a test product
2) Translate it to secondary language
3) Update the original
4) Update the translation

But it is not necessary to update the original language post after completing the translation.

The bug is happening when you update the translated post(for example like correcting the translation), am I right?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 16, 2019 at 2:06 am #4957237

janeO

yes - the issue is that when we edit a translation it may or may not eventually show on the site. We clear the siteground sgoptimizer cache and our browser cache's and days later the new translation does not show but... it doesn't happen every time.

For example:

I created this test product

hidden link

I translated it to french.

After a bit I went back in and changed the translation

Ce n’est qu’un texte que je teste avec became Ce n’est qu’un texte que je teste
vidéo. I finalized and redelivered.

Then I purged the site cache and my browser cache and checked

old text showing

Then I tested in a browser (ie) that I had never used to view this new product and

old text showing.

Please help!

when I

November 18, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4965255

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The result is the same for me after the following steps.

1) Purge SG Cache
2) Deactivate SG Optimizer plugin
3) Update the hidden link post in Advanced Translation Editor
4) Clear browser caches, but shows old translation
5) Reactivate the SG Optimizer plugin. It still showing old translation

But I have a request. Please upgrade to the latest version of Divi theme and WooCommerce Services plugin after a site backup. We would like to make sure the bug is existing with the latest version or not. Please check the attached images for more details.

Is it okay to deactivate other plugins on your site for testing?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 20, 2019 at 7:56 pm #4983841

janeO

Hi Bigul:

I have a full backup at this point so if you want to turn off some plugins and test you can (please turn them back on when you are done).

RE updates - I have updated woo services as well as the wpml updates that came out today.

However re updating the DIVI them a post on your site says that DIVI 4.0 is not yet compatible with WPML - Can you confirm if that has been resolved ?

https://wpml.org/2019/10/update-on-divi-4-0-and-wpml-compatibility/

I checked the product after these updates and it was showing the translated text (after almost a week). BUT I then when in to the advanced editor on that page and changed the only sentence in FRENCH and updated and redelivered the translation cleared the SG Optimizer cache and my browser cache and the old text is still showing. The last word in the sentence under the video is not "vidéo" in the new translation.

I also tested in other browsers and the old translation is still showing.

November 21, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4990389

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details and permission. We have a few known issues with Divi's latest version and we are working together with the Divi team to fix it as soon as possible.

I am checking about the issue with our team now. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 22, 2019 at 2:12 pm #4998709

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

I have forwarded the details to our second tier for the expert opinion and waiting for the feedback now. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 26, 2019 at 11:55 am #5020965

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The problem is existing after the primary debugging procedures. Therefore escalating the ticket to our second-tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 2, 2019 at 9:49 pm #5057069

janeO

Hi Bigul:

any word on a solution? Where are we at with Divi 4 compatibility?

Thanks,

Leslie

December 3, 2019 at 2:25 pm #5061779

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

We have almost found the reason for the issue. It looks like cron issue. It is working for us after the following steps now.

1) Go to the edit screen of the product (hidden link), do a small modification and save
2) Update the translation using ATE
3) Finish the translation (it will redirect to the original site instead of the staging)
4) From this screen, go directly to the product on front-end (hidden link)
5) English is updated correctly, but french still shows the old translation.
6) Now go to the edit screen of the product on default language: hidden link
7) The French translation will display the gear icon on the right sidebar
8) Refresh the page

We are waiting for the feedback of our developers on this now. We will get back soon. Most probably tomorrow. Please wait.

Our developers are still working on the Divi 4 compatibility issues. We will get back to you soon when we solve it.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 5, 2019 at 7:10 am #5073827

janeO

any news on whether the problem is fixed? You mention that you were waiting to hear back from the developers.

If it is a cron issue is there a setting we can change. We are very excited that you are close to having a solution.

Thanks for all your hard work.

December 5, 2019 at 4:44 pm #5078657

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, we are still working on the bug with the help of our developers. Please wait. We will get back to you as early as possible.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 13, 2019 at 2:51 am #5119671

janeO

Hi Bigul:

Just checking in again on our issue with the translations not always updating. I gather your upper level support was leaning toward thinking that it was a cron issue. I have a meeting with the client tomorrow at 10 am pacific time and wondering if you can give us any sort of estimate when this issue might be resolved. I

December 16, 2019 at 7:17 am #5136207

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Bigul is on vacation, so I am replying to you here.

I would like to let you know that this issue is still being worked on, I will update you as soon as I will have further feedback.

Thanks

December 17, 2019 at 10:07 pm #5150243

janeO

I don't know if this will help the level 2 techs but its another piece of information that may be useful - often when I got to edit a page I get a "There is a translation in process warning" even though we havnen't changed anything in a long time. Its like some of the translations never complete.