This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by anttiS-3 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 3:25 pm #4498243

anttiS-3

I am trying to: Update Finnish posts. Nothing happens. Preview doesn't work. In English side updating works.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link ( hidden link )

September 2, 2019 at 6:55 pm #4499687

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Can you please elaborate on the issue that you are having?
English is the default language of your site, and Finish is the second language.
How are you trying to update the Finish posts?
Are those Finish posts the original post or a translation of the English posts?
Which preview is not working for you?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

If needed, please share with me the access to your site and explain to me how I can see the issue on your site.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 4, 2019 at 6:53 pm #4513695

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the access details.

English is the default language of your site with this domain hidden link.
And Finish is the second language with this domain hidden link.
You wrote: "Updating posts doesn't work in finnish domain."
But this confuses me, and I'm not sure what you mean while editing posts on the backend the domain is the English domain hidden link.
So can you please explain what do you mean when you write that it does not work from the Finish domain?
Please tell me the exact steps on how to see the issue on your site.

The following documentation also explains about the 'Pass session arguments between domains through the language switcher' feature, which is currently set on your site to 'Disable this feature.' Please see the attached screenshot.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/passing-session-data-between-languages-in-domains/
So maybe this is the issue that you are having?
If so, then please try to set this feature to 'Pass arguments via GET (the url)' or 'Pass arguments via POST' and see if it helps.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 16, 2019 at 7:13 am #4576795

anttiS-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!