This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.69 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 4, 2018 at 5:53 pm #2788478

bahramB

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello, I recently purchased WPML and this is my first time using WPML on my WordPress Betheme site, and I'm confused how to actually get started translating once I download and configure WPML on my site. What is my first step in translating my home page? How do I show the Portuguese option on my main menu on top of the page?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I'm following your "How to Translate Your WordPress Site" link, and I'm still confused how to get started and sync up pages and menu items.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

This is my home page link and I see the English options in my Main Menu, but I don't see the Portuguese option:
hidden link

I have created this translated home page, but I don't see the menu items on top of the page, nor the English option.
hidden link

October 4, 2018 at 5:56 pm #2788494

bahramB

Will you be sending me a response or are the "Related Documentation" links on this page the extent of your support on this ticket?

October 5, 2018 at 5:21 am #2789568

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi Bahram,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
I will do my best to help you to understand this.

You are using BeTheme which is compatible with the WPML.

We have a dedicated documentation about translating BeTheme.
Please refer : https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/create-multilingual-wordpress-websites-using-betheme-and-wpml/

How do I show the Portuguese option on my main menu on top of the page?
- Please refer: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#separate-sections-for-different-kinds-of-language-switchers
- to add language swticher in your menu you should have a main/primary menu created in Appearance > Menu

Let me know if you need further assistance regarding this.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] First time using WPML – don't know how to get started translating’ is closed to new replies.