Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by amarantaA 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 11:28 am

amarantaA

I just realize that we are generating urls withing the /en/ that are in spanish.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Most of the entrances in spanish don't have a translation, but this is an example:
hidden link
but in that page you see the flag for english so you can change and see this url! hidden link something awful for seo! and user experience.

I expected to see: Only the flag of the language the entrance has a translation. I dont know if the same is going on with the pages since all the pages are really translated.

Instead, I got: Errors for sEO since duplicated content plus entrances in spanish where the site is in english.

btw I upload a imagen where you can see that the settings are right placed

October 9, 2019 at 8:36 am #4720747

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
As far as i can see, you have activated the so-called "Display as translated" mode.
You can check that in WPML > Settings and there in the section: "Post Types Translation" set "posts" to be : "Translatable - only show translated items"
Your current setting there is: "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" which is why you have the posts appear in that way.

October 9, 2019 at 2:08 pm #4723645

amarantaA

You are soooo right.. I don´t know when or who change this but that was it.
Thanks !!!