This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by amarantaA 1 week, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 11:28 am

amarantaA

I just realize that we are generating urls withing the /en/ that are in spanish.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Most of the entrances in spanish don't have a translation, but this is an example:
hidden link
but in that page you see the flag for english so you can change and see this url! hidden link something awful for seo! and user experience.

I expected to see: Only the flag of the language the entrance has a translation. I dont know if the same is going on with the pages since all the pages are really translated.

Instead, I got: Errors for sEO since duplicated content plus entrances in spanish where the site is in english.

btw I upload a imagen where you can see that the settings are right placed

October 9, 2019 at 8:36 am #4720747

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
As far as i can see, you have activated the so-called "Display as translated" mode.
You can check that in WPML > Settings and there in the section: "Post Types Translation" set "posts" to be : "Translatable - only show translated items"
Your current setting there is: "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" which is why you have the posts appear in that way.

October 9, 2019 at 2:08 pm #4723645

amarantaA

You are soooo right.. I don´t know when or who change this but that was it.
Thanks !!!