This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 27, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4654229

pauloF-2

I am trying to: Set the link from teh HU Flag to HU Home, specialiy on mobile

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The home in HU language

Instead, I got: 404 site

September 27, 2019 at 1:08 pm #4654315

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

You have opened a chat and disconnected before we could discuss the issue of the flag.

Please check if you are not using a custom language switcher
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/

Please also check the settings of the homepage in Settings->Reading.

Then check what option have you choose for the language switcher in WPML->Languages.

If you can attach screenshots, that would be helpful.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 27, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4654719

pauloF-2

hi jamal now i am on..i tried to change the custom switcher to standard but still dont work

September 27, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4654787

Jamal
Supporter

Hi, Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

September 27, 2019 at 5:37 pm #4656245

pauloF-2

The first two footer widgets, don´work in HU langage.. and the flaglink is still linking to an archive site...

Do you neen any more informations..?

September 27, 2019 at 5:49 pm #4656255

pauloF-2

I have seen that the homlink issue is only on mobile.... with the firefox looks normal...

September 28, 2019 at 5:04 am #4657823

pauloF-2

The Widget now are visible....it is only the flaglink on mobile

September 30, 2019 at 8:06 am #4662799

pauloF-2

Hi there...?
Any informations...?

September 30, 2019 at 4:57 pm #4666671

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Our apologies for the late reply. I was not working during the weekend.

I just checked your website in chrome and its mobile simulator and also on my mobile phone, the flag for Hu always points to alibat.com/hu/ and the page does not give a 404 error.

You are not using a custom language switcher, only a switcher in the main menu and another on the page footer. The theme does not use several menus for desktop and mobile.

I suppose you have resolved the issue. If there is still an issue please elaborate more on it so I can understand better.

Best regards,
Jamal