Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 15, 2019 at 7:27 am

ranaN

> I am trying to:
- Show a drop-down list of our languages

> Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
- hidden link

> Instead, I got:
- I see languages flags

September 15, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4574723

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I have fixed this issue by doing below steps:
1. I have selected ‘WPML Flag Type’ as dropdown from Appearance >> Customize >> General >> Topbar as you can see in the attached screenshot.

2.Added below CSS in Appearance >> Customize >> Additional CSS section:

.traveltour-dropdown-wpml-flag a {
    color: #000 !important;
}
.traveltour-dropdown-wpml-list { background: #fff !important}
.traveltour-dropdown-wpml-flag .traveltour-dropdown-wpml-item {
	text-align:center;
}

And now it showing language switcher as dropdown as in the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

September 16, 2019 at 8:34 am #4577413

ranaN

Hi Noman,

Thanks for your effort, it is way better now. But there're still some issues to consider:

1- If you'are logged out, you can't see Spanish language in drop down list (attached image).

2- In Mobile and Tablet, can we see the language switcher besides the Burger Menu sign? (attached image)

3- When a mouse is moved over the drop down list, and then move over any available languages, I would like to see a hover color (red). Now it doesn't change.

Thanks

September 17, 2019 at 3:34 pm #4589731

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

If you'are logged out, you can't see Spanish language in drop down list

I see your Spanish page status was set as Draft that’s why logged out users were not allowed to see that page. I have changed the status to Publish and issue is gone as you can see in the attached screenshot.

In Mobile and Tablet, can we see the language switcher besides the Burger Menu sign?

The possibility to add your language switcher on that position depends on your theme. Does your theme provides you the option to add a content (for example a widget) or some code exactly on the position that you wish?

You can use below code to show custom language switcher on specific position:

do_action('wpml_add_language_selector');

Here is doc for custom language switcher:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#custom-locations

When a mouse is moved over the drop down list, and then move over any available languages, I would like to see a hover color (red). Now it doesn't change.

I have added below CSS to add hover color:

.traveltour-dropdown-wpml-list a:hover{
	color: red !important;	
}

Thank you