This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I originally created the website on a different domain. On its new domain the flags are not showing (WPML flags not custom) and the url they point to are the old domain. Is it possible to change this?

Solution: I have fixed this issue by doing below steps:

1. Updated WPML plugins to latest version. 2. Installed ARI Adminer plugin. 3. Went to *_options database table of your site. 4. Searched ‘avia_options_enfold’ from option_name. 5. Replaced ‘www.damiandavies.com’ URL with ‘www.babyparkinglalibellula.com’ from option_value. 6. Deleted ARI Adminer plugin.

And now it shows correct flags.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by giorgio-carlog 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
August 4, 2019 at 1:10 pm #4336477

giorgio-carlog

I originally created the website on a different domain. On its new domain the flags are not showing (WPML flags not custom) and the url they point to are the old domain. Is it possible to change this?

I am trying to: Get the language flags to show and to direct to the correct URL

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link
The flags are in the top right hand corner (but not showing)

I expected to see:It working!

Instead, I got:It not working!

August 4, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4336537

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

August 5, 2019 at 7:57 am #4338799

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

I have fixed this issue by doing below steps:

1. Updated WPML plugins to latest version.
2. Installed ARI Adminer plugin.
3. Went to *_options database table of your site.
4. Searched ‘avia_options_enfold’ from option_name.
5. Replaced ‘www.damiandavies.com’ URL with ‘www.babyparkinglalibellula.com’ from option_value.
6. Deleted ARI Adminer plugin.

And now it shows correct flags as you can see in the attached screenshot. Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

August 6, 2019 at 3:28 pm #4349191

giorgio-carlog

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!