Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 9, 2021 at 10:49 pm #9167863

andreaB-8

I don't know what happens but before I had 2 flags on top right area ... before "CONTACTS" link with ENG and ITA flag... now I don't see.
Can you check?

July 10, 2021 at 6:50 am #9169163

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Can you please let me know if you still have the Menu Language Switcher activated in WPML > Languages?

If not, please re-add it. If you already have it, please try to remove it and re-add it - maybe it is a cache-related issue and it will appear again after you follow those steps.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#separate-sections-for-different-kinds-of-language-switchers

Please let me know how that goes.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 11, 2021 at 2:58 pm #9173011

andreaB-8

Yes I see language switcher....
Can you kindly help me, I don't know what happens... I can even activate access to back office.
Thanks

July 12, 2021 at 4:25 pm #9180029

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 15, 2021 at 7:54 am #9201549

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I think this issue was cache-related - we were probably seeing a cached version of the website.

After I cleared the cache, it seems that the flags are showing up fine again.

Please check the screenshots I'm attaching below.

Mihai

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 10.52.39 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 10.52.25 AM.png
July 17, 2021 at 8:11 am #9221519

andreaB-8

Was not cached related... issue is that you take 3 days for reply and I had to resolve from my side.

July 19, 2021 at 10:48 am #9228861

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Oh, sorry. I did not know.

For me, it worked after I cleared the cache, so that's why I thought that it was cache-related.

In regards to the time of response, sometimes we have a very big queue of tickets so it can take a bit more than normal to get back to our customers.

From what I can see in the code now, the switcher is coming from an elementor block so that's a great alternative to display the language switcher.

Great job!

I wish you a lovely rest of the week.

Mihai

July 21, 2021 at 9:39 am #9243193

andreaB-8

Is missed, try to check... when I click on flag (in sub-pages) I see home page translated and not current page translated... every time returns to home page. Is missed!!

July 22, 2021 at 10:52 am #9251969

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I was able to see the issue that you mentioned.

However, we have a few situations happening on this website:

1. The theme that you are using is very outdated (I am attaching a screenshot) - this theme needs to be updated to the latest version.

2. There are a lot of plugins that you are using that are outdated (hidden link) - please create a full website backup first and then update everything to the latest version

3. WPML is not registered on the site (hidden link) and it is also outdated (4.4.10 instead of 4.4.11 - the latest version).

Can you please create a full website backup and then update everything to the latest version + register WPML on this website?

There is a very high chance that the language switcher is not working correctly because the versions of the plugins and the theme are very very outdated.

Please let me know how things go after you update everything to the latest version. But please first create a full website backup, just in case anything goes wrong.

Mihai

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 1.47.34 PM.png
July 23, 2021 at 8:57 pm #9262713

andreaB-8

It seems that you don't want help me for find a solution!

July 23, 2021 at 11:29 pm #9262903

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back!

You can totally count on our help 🙂

However, there are some rules that we have for debugging:

- we can't go on with the debugging process on any site unless all the plugins and the theme that is being used are updated to the latest version (that is because running on outdated versions can cause your website a lot of problems and even incompatibility issues with WPML plugins, that is why you always need to be using the latest versions of any of the plugins or themes you are using - this is also helping you to keep the website secure, not running on outdated code that can easily be cracked by hackers)

- any website that we are helping customers with needs to be registered with WPML; the support service is only for customers that have an active membership (you indeed have this) and that have their website registered with WPML (we have different membership plans that have availability for just one website, 3 websites, or unlimited websites, that is why this is important)

When you have everything ready, please get back to me and I will be more than happy to dig deeper to see why this issue is taking place. However, you might be surprised to see that the issues might get resolved on their own just by updating everything to the latest version.

Just please DO NOT FORGET to create a full website backup BEFORE doing any updates.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend.

Mihai

July 24, 2021 at 11:56 am #9264893

andreaB-8

--
- we can't go on with the debugging process on any site unless all the plugins and the theme that is being used are updated to the latest version (that is because running on outdated versions can cause your website a lot of problems and even incompatibility issues with WPML plugins, that is why you always need to be using the latest versions of any of the plugins or themes you are using - this is also helping you to keep the website secure, not running on outdated code that can easily be cracked by hackers)
--

I had this issue even when plug-ins was updated

--
- any website that we are helping customers with needs to be registered with WPML; the support service is only for customers that have an active membership (you indeed have this) and that have their website registered with WPML (we have different membership plans that have availability for just one website, 3 websites, or unlimited websites, that is why this is important)
--
You've to wake-up
I've payed plan and I've registered this web site

I write again shame thing... it seems that you don't want (or you don't have skills) for help me

July 27, 2021 at 1:20 am #9275585

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I can see that now you registered the site with WPML.

However, you are running on outdated WPML plugins, as you can see here:
hidden link

Also, there is still a very very long list of outdated plugins, themes and also WordPress is not running on the latest version.

The difference in versions for plugins and even for the theme that you are using (You have version 2.5.5 installed but the latest version is 3.6.6.) is very very big - there's a very big gap between versions, so I will need you to please let me know once everything is updated to the latest version, so that we can properly debug this situation.

Also, please don't forget to first create a full website backup, just for safety reasons - taking into consideration how big the gap is between some versions of the plugins and the theme that you are using, things can brake, that's why it will be very helpful to first create a full website backup.

I will be waiting for your confirmation so that I can continue with the debugging process.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Mihai

July 29, 2021 at 10:46 am #9307657

andreaB-8

--
However, you are running on outdated WPML plugins, as you can see here:
hidden link

Also, there is still a very very long list of outdated plugins, themes and also WordPress is not running on the latest version.
--

Do you tell me that if I update all, after this start to works??
I mean that after update these when I'm on a different page and click flag I see this page translated and I don't go in Home Page??
Are you sure about what you're telling me??

ARE YOU SURE THAT THIS WILL RESOLVE ISSUE???????

July 29, 2021 at 2:11 pm #9309589

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

We can never guarantee that updating the plugins or the theme or WordPress to the latest version will fix the issue but you have at least 29 available updates with big gaps between the current version and the latest one launched by developers and that is an important factor in debugging.

Can you please show me from where and how did you add those flags at the top?

Please guide me on how to get to the place where you added those flags in the top bar - maybe I can figure out if something is wrongly set up.

Mihai

The topic ‘[Closed] Flags in header’ is closed to new replies.