This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by steibD 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
August 7, 2018 at 12:04 pm #2620110

steibD

Dear support team,
I have to admit that I am an absolute beginner with WPML, have just acquired my first license and now I am making some progress. The site I am currently working on is: hidden link
The plugin I have installed and it is already on the start page in the top header 3 flags displayed. So far so good. Only I would like the flags not left in the header area but right aligned. How can I stop this? On all pages (german, english portuguese the flags should always be arranged on the right - without border to the outside)

I have installed "WPML Multilingual CMS", "WPML String Translation" and "WPML Translation Management" as plugins. Is this sufficient to translate this page?
What is not quite clear to me, how I proceed now? I have seen that my pages in the dashboard have a "+" behind each page (for each language). After opening windows appear here where I can then enter the translations. is this the next step to do?

Thank you for your support. Best regards Diana

August 7, 2018 at 2:38 pm #2620654

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Diana, welcome to the WPML support Forum! Don't worry, you can count on us for any help you need 🙂

These language switcher styles can be achieved using CSS. Please add the following code to Appearance > Customize > additional CSS:

#header_meta .sub_menu {
 float: right;
}

#header_meta .sub_menu  .avia_wpml_language_switch {
  border: 1px solid #888;
  padding: 6px;	
}

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

August 7, 2018 at 7:57 pm #2621694

steibD

Thanks a lot. This script works perfectly!!!

August 7, 2018 at 8:09 pm #2621719

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there, I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved ?

Please contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.

Cheers,
Diego

October 23, 2018 at 8:45 am #2841560
steibD

Hello Diego,

I have now a new website in progress for which I would like to use WPML. I have already installed the plugins on the WordPress site. Now it is the case that the website is still under construction and can only be accessed under the domain hidden link. Later, when the website is finished, it will be reachable at the main domain hidden link (which is currently the old site).
Now that I have installed the plugins in WordPress, I have to start the first configuration steps for WPML in the next step. I should also have a page key for this. Now I am not sure how to proceed here:
- If I now generate a page key for the editing domain hidden link in my WPML account, then I can simply use this for the domain https: // hotel-uhland. de or will it be done automatically?
How should I proceed now?
Thanks for your support.
Best regards Diana Steib

New threads created by Diego Pereira and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-license-for-multiple-websites/