This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3703991

enisF

Hello,

1. Can you please also tell me how to show the flags in the second header in mobile screen. With and without dropdown option from the second header. For this question you can take the website as example ( viktoria.mk )

2. Also can you please tell me how to show the flags in the header in mobile screen so near the menu bar or near dhe logo or in the middle and not in the menu bar inside. Please also with and without dropdown option. For this question you can take the same website example ( teff.mk )

Thanks for your support.
Regards

April 29, 2019 at 9:43 pm #3706759

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

to add a language switcher outside of the menu area in the mobile view you will need to use some custom coding which really comes down to the current theme's code that you are using.

We usually suggest contacting your theme author first as they do know their code best and might be able to suggest the best possible location for you to insert the language switcher in

you can insert a switcher in a custom location using the following :

=> https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#custom-locations

let me know your results please

April 29, 2019 at 10:18 pm #3706851

enisF

Hi Bobby,
Please read carefully my questions, i am asking for support for mobile screen size and i have read that article long time ago, there is nothing for mobile screen size and nothing what i am asking for. Please try to answer my questions so i can continue working and not waiting another day .

Thanks you

April 30, 2019 at 12:32 am #3707051

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

as both question 1 and 2 refer on customization of the language switcher outside of the menu in the mobile screens.

WPML does not offer a specific location within your mobile screen headers , you would have to add this manually using the code that is meant for custom locations

WPML adds the menu language switcher in the menu, therefore for both of these websites you linked once you click on the hamburger menu and it opens you will find the switcher within it.

if you want to place it outside then you will need to do this with custom code which is not supported in the forum and is also controlled by your theme thus why it is a good practice to contact your theme author to provide us with this location , if they do and you have a hard time implementing it please let me know and i can help with that.

please let me know if i am not understanding the issue well but as i mentioned above both #1 and #2 refer to customizing the switcher outside of the mobile menu

many users have resolved this by using custom work or contacting their theme author for the best location to place the code provided in the documentation

additionally if further custom work is needed we recommend contacting our 3rd party contractors
=> https://wpml.org/contractors/

The topic ‘[Closed] Flags in mobile screens’ is closed to new replies.