This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Peter Dawkins 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
January 7, 2019 at 7:57 am #3061587

heng-chingH

I found that my website: hidden link Chinese Simplified flag is missing. (Attached image for your perusal).

Kindly help me how to fix this.

January 7, 2019 at 8:34 am #3061746

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Are you sure the flag is really missing and it's not a caching or some other kind of temporary issue? Please check if the file exists or not, flags are located in wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\res\flags\

If the file doesn't exist, you can re-upload it via FTP, while if it exists you can try cleaning the cache in WPML -> Support -> troubleshooting.
Also, try checking the settings in your caching plugin.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

January 7, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3062844

heng-chingH

Hi Laura,

is the flag for Chinese (Simplified) same with flag for Chinese (Trandisional)?

Regards,
Rynn Huang

January 7, 2019 at 1:28 pm #3062877

heng-chingH

Hi Laura ,

I not sure what is the flag your end using but in here:wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\res\flags\, I still can find the cn.png

But I not sure is it this cn.png use for both Chinese (Simplified) and Chinese (Tradisional)?

In the attached image, Chinese (Tradisional) got the flag but Chinese (Simplified) flag missing.

Regards,
Rynn Huang

January 7, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3063703

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi Rynn,

I checked, and the flag should be the same for both Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and the image is zh.png
In our flag directory, there also is a cn.png flag, and it's the same as zh.png (Chinese flag).

You could try to reupload the image in the Edit languages page.

February 21, 2019 at 5:13 am #3224954

laiW-2

Laura you are wrong.
Simplified and Traditional Chinese is different.

March 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm #3334785

bartS-11

Our site also has this problem. Please restore flags correctly for traditional and simplified.

August 7, 2019 at 4:11 pm #4356721

Peter Dawkins

On a clean install of WPML, activating Chinese languages, both simplified and traditional, do not show the flags. There is only zh.png in the flags folder. What WPML is looking for to load is zh-hans.png or zh-hant.png. If the same flag is to be used, then WPML should not just try to load zh.png. We are fixing this by copying and renaming the png files.