This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 20, 2019 at 8:57 pm #4614365

stephenR-15

I am trying to: view flag language icons

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The wpml flags on the menu

Instead, I got: no flags. When not logged in as admin, language flag icons are showing inconsistently on the site. When logged in as admin it always shows.

September 22, 2019 at 8:38 am #4617735

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please follow these steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Backup your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see which one there is an interaction issue.

Please let me know the results, Thank you

September 23, 2019 at 6:02 pm #4626047

stephenR-15

We won't be able to do that in our production env. The flag shows up fine on a couple other domains which is weird. I'm thinking it could be a caching issue?

September 24, 2019 at 12:36 pm #4631565

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Yes, it might be a cache issue. Could you please delete all sorts of caches on your site / server cache (if any) / plugin cache / CDN cache (if any), clear browser cache and see if this resolves your issue.

If still issue persists, Please update WPML plugins on your site, To do a manual update please follow these steps:

- Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

- Deactivate the existing WPML plugins and add-ons.

- Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.

- Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.

- Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Flags not showing up on menu’ is closed to new replies.