We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 10:28 am #4134847

fredericE

Hi,

Our e-commerce site has 5 languages, Danish, English, German, Swedish and Norwegian
Danish is the site default language.

All products have been translated in all 5 languages and only the woocommerce pages have been translated in Swedish and Norwegian.

We only want to show the products in Swedish and Norwegian to our wholesaler role and not to the public.

To acheave that we installed Toolset Acess plugin and set Posts type 'product' managed by access (wpml-access-control.PNG). We then created a WPML group for Swedish and Norwegian language and remove the product visibility to 'guest' 'customer' 'susbcriber' (wpml-product-group.PNG)

Our problem is when you view the product in english or German, we still see the Swedish and Norwegian flags. We are expecting the flag to be hiden for this 2 languages (wpml-flag-display.PNG)

Can you please tell us how to fix this issue?

July 3, 2019 at 11:56 am #4135623

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Are you using some sort of cache on your site?

I created a test site here, hidden link and created two languages, English and French and used toolset access to only show English products to guest and its working properly.

So could you please use the test site and see if you can replicate the issue?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

July 3, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4136343

fredericE

Hi,

I cannot replicate the issue on your demo site.
I have done a video to show that the flag is only hiding for German labguage and no other language

hidden link

July 3, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4137287

fredericE

No, we do not have any cache in place

July 4, 2019 at 3:11 am #4139971

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Since the issue is not happening on a fresh install, this must be a site-specific issue, to further debug this issue, I would need to replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging.

Being so, could you please provide me a backup of your site so I can replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging.

To send a backup file you can use backups plugins, or use hosting services back up and send it using google drive, Dropbox, etc to us. If you can, I request you to remove the uploads folder from the backup as it will be easy to download due to the size.

I have enabled the private reply so you can send those links in the private reply. If you use some backup plugins installed and you created the packages, you can just provide login details and mention us, we can download it from the site itself.
hidden link

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

July 5, 2019 at 8:26 am #4149021

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am debugging this issue and will respond to you soon.

Thanks

July 8, 2019 at 4:00 am #4158959

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for all the details.

I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

Our 2nd tier supporter will take a look at this issue. Once they provide any feedback, I will get back to you with that feedback here.

Thank you so much for your patience. 🙂

Thanks

July 10, 2019 at 7:50 am #4177003

fredericE

Hi,

Do you have any update, please?

Thank you

July 10, 2019 at 11:59 am #4179821

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am sorry but I don't have any update yet, it's still in our 2nd tier queue, I will update you as soon as I will have the further update.

Thanks

July 29, 2019 at 3:04 am #4296665

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

This is to notify you that the issue is escalated to our developers and they will work on it shortly.

I will update you as soon as I will have further feedback.

Thanks

July 30, 2019 at 4:40 pm #4309745

fredericE

Hi,

We are looking to go live for the 14th of august.
Do you think you could provide a fix for this date?

Thank you

August 12, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4381305

fredericE

Hi,

I will really appreciate if you could provide us with a status update on this ticket.

Thank you

September 4, 2019 at 9:23 am #4509663

fredericE

Hi,

I opened this ticket 2 months ago.
Can I please have an update on the progress of the dev team?

Thank you

September 26, 2019 at 12:41 am #4642389

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

This is to let you know that this issue is fixed with Toolset Access 2.8, so would you mind updating your plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar