This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by benC-19 1 year, 3 months ago.

Author Posts
March 21, 2019 at 12:57 pm #3403355

benC-19

I am trying to:

allow pages and posts to just translate text and display galleries produced by flatsome theme ux builder.

for the most part, the theme is working ok - although I've hit a brick wall, when it comes to galleries, as they are not displaying properly, or, as in this case, not at all.

Flatsome is listed as being WPML ready in their changelog:
hidden link

but, of course, I see that it is not mentioned in WPML's compatibility section ...

After looking through WPML support, I'm aware of the XML language configuration file, and have attempted to add information regarding the shortcodes, as well as reading through many support posts regarding similar, I'm aware that it's possible to fix this, but it's proving to be very confusing, and my XML file doesn't seem to work (based on examples & a read through)...

there must be something really simple here that i'm missing.
Is there a straight forward solution?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

the gallery can be seen here:

hidden link

on the translation it is missing here:

hidden link

I expected to see:

A gallery produced by flatsome (flatsome gallery ux builder), with text above and below it ( see screenshot below)...

source:

<p>gallery test words...  gallery test words... </p>
[ux_gallery ids="4448,4412,4416,4398,4379,4375,4373,4365,4344,4331,4329,4321"]
<p>gallery test words 2 ... gallery test words 2 ... </p>

Instead, I got:

gallery missing (as in screenshot below)

source:

<p>Spanish gallery test words... ...Spanish gallery test words... </p>
[ux_gallery ids="4448,4412,4416,4398,4379,4375,4373,4365,4344,4331,4329,4321"]
<p>Spanish gallery test words 2 ...  Spanish gallery test words 2 ... </p>

March 21, 2019 at 7:08 pm #3418595

benC-19

I just tried a completely fresh install of wordpress, with 'only' WMPL (multilingual CMS - 4 x plugins), and 'Flatsome Theme' .... One page, with a gallery of 4 items - Same problem, the default 'english' page displays the (ux builder) gallery correctly, where as the 'spanish' page does not display it at all - I thought that the error was caused by a plugin conflict, or similar, but that does not seem to be the case - I'm trying other aspects, configuration & documentation etc to find a fix - If anyone has any ideas / suggestions, they would be very welcome - ... thanks...

March 21, 2019 at 7:11 pm #3418691

benC-19

aha ! - I knew it was something simple... I think I have found the answer:
see screenshot:

(I will mark this issue as resolved, as soon as I fixed the issue on the main development site)

March 21, 2019 at 7:18 pm #3418959

benC-19

great - problem was not a problem...
and, yes, obvious to all those who know how this plugin works,
but for those of us swamped with data & in a rush, it's not always so straightforward ...
obviously something simple, but at least this may help someone else who may have the same issue?
p.s. why isn't Flatsome Theme marked as being compatible? (on WPML) ...

March 21, 2019 at 7:18 pm #3418973

benC-19

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!