Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
January 27, 2020 at 2:54 pm #5370681

alexanderA

>> No, it wasn't installed by our support staff.

OK thanks for confirming.

I carried out your instructions. I disabled all plugins except WPML and Elementor, and I also switched the theme to the default Twenty Nineteen theme. But the issue remains (see attached screenshot). Thoughts?

1 - Disable all the plugins except WPML related ones and Elementor itself and test the Elementor in your website frontend again, if it works activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

2 - If the issue persists, change to a default WordPress theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes settings and try the Elementor in your website frontend again.

January 27, 2020 at 6:42 pm #5372121

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Although you have provided a dev website, I will request a duplication package to make a detailed investigation at my localhost, it will ne me to debug your website free of any server side cache or specific configuration that could prevent the Elementor interface of woking as it should in your particular case. For that, please consider:

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.
Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

Thank you for your collaboration. Have a nice day.

January 28, 2020 at 11:38 am #5376807

alexanderA

Can I ask you to create the Duplicator package? I don't have much experience with that.

January 29, 2020 at 7:31 pm #5387135

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I exported a duplicator package from your website for further debugging, in my tests it works when using a default theme, I still need to find the reason why, I will update you here as soon as I have the full details and a possible solution. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

January 30, 2020 at 4:30 am #5389237

alexanderA

OK. Keep me posted.

February 4, 2020 at 7:21 pm #5424959

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waited for a solution. I've made an extensive debugging and investigation your website, I tried?

1 - Plugins debugging for a possible conflicting overriding languages;
2 - Theme debugging and even a detailed look at your theme code, it works with a default theme, but not with yours, although it works in the sandbox environment which seems pretty weirds for me;
3 - Language files debugging, I even replaced the localhost environment with the same language files of the working sandbox environment, keeping the same folder structure and files.
4 - Debugging for the strings database tables;

Nothing of the above worked for your particular case, then I came with a WPML reset and it worked properly as the language tables are deleted with the reset process. If it is an option for you, you can proceed like this:

VERY IMPORTANT: You should have a backup copy before this action, also keep in mind this action will delete all the database tables created by WPML it means you will need to connect the transalated pages with the default languages pages again, you will need to re-translate your menus, widgets and so on.

You can reset your WPML settings from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support then click the blue 'Troubleshooting' link and follow the instructions from the 'Reset' section.

If the reset action is not an option for you then we can move it to our second level support for a detailed investigation and possible issue solution.

Please, let me know and we can proceed accordingly. Have a nice day.

February 5, 2020 at 7:26 am #5427601

alexanderA

Resetting WPML as you described is quite an involved and time-intensive process on my site. And the issue isn't critical enough to warrant that.

>> If the reset action is not an option for you then we can move it to our second level support for a detailed investigation and possible issue solution.

Well, it sounds like this issue is present on *only* my site. And the issue really isn't pressing on my end. So if it's OK with you, let's just leave this as-is. If for some reason more sites start to exhibit this issue, or if I start to do a lot more Elementor work on my site, maybe we can re-visit this. But is it OK to close this ticket?

February 5, 2020 at 1:41 pm #5430835

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It is okay, I marked this ticket as closed, feel free to open a new one in case of any future needs. Have a nice day.