Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderA 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
December 20, 2019 at 7:13 am #5168829

alexanderA

Hello. I created a ticket a few weeks ago, and it was unfortunately closed before I could respond (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/issue-with-elementor-plugin-and-wpml-language/page/2/). I posted a follow-up comment, but no WPML staff member seems to receive a notification--so no one replies. I'm hoping someone can reply here and we can continue the discussion.

PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE THIS TICKET. Let us continue our discussion IN THIS TICKET. When I try to continue the discussion in the previous ticket, no WPML staff members receive a notification. So NO ONE REPLIES TO MY MESSAGES. I'm hoping to continue a back-and-forth discussion regarding that topic. So please, let us do so in this ticket.

In the previous ticket, Marcos said,

>> I've just installed a recent version where they seem to have fixed the issue and made Elementor loads the admin language in the frontend interface regardless the language being used, you can confirm it here: hidden link

I checked that site, and I still see the same issue. Namely, the WPML language is Spanish, and the Elementor controls are still in Spanish (screenshots: hidden link). The Elementor controls need to be in English.

Marcos also posted this article: See: hidden link I'm not sure why he posted that article. It does not resolve my issue. That article seems to instruct me on how to change the language of all WordPress controls. On my site, that language is already set to 'English.' It is the Elementor controls that need changing.

December 22, 2019 at 12:26 pm #5178285

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I am not sure to fully understand the issue of this ticket or the previous one. However, I did a small test and I was able to open Elementor in English.

I set my user language in Usuarios->Tu perfil, and assigned English then saved. As you can see in the attached image.
Note that this will change the language for your user in all the backend pages.

If this does not help, can you summarize the issue and what you have done so far in the previous ticket?

Best regards,
Jamal

December 24, 2019 at 5:59 am #5188339

alexanderA

I will continue this discussion with Marcos, in another ticket. Thanks.