Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
November 18, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4964995

jacobL-8

I would like to change the font size of the menu language switcher text. As it is now, it adapts the font size of the menu items, but I would like the language switcher font to be a lot smaller. I am using The7 WP-theme.
I tried searching on the forums and I saw that others had similar questions. I then tried implementing some of the CSS that was suggested but that did not work for me.
I currently do not have the menu language switcher enabled because the text is too large. That's why you don't see it on my site.

November 19, 2019 at 6:56 am #4968767

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Can you please add the following CSS in your theme’s or child theme style.css file OR Custom CSS section of the theme:

.wpml-ls-item a {
font-size: 12px !important;
}

And let me know how it goes?

If still issue persists, please enable menu language switcher and let me know and I’ll provide you the correct CSS solution.

Looking forward,

Thank you

November 19, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4972635

jacobL-8

Hi
I've tried adding the CSS to my themes style.css and to the plugin custom css, however it does not have any effect at all either way. I have enabled the menu language switcher on my site so that you can see it.

November 19, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4973563

Noman
Supporter

I have visited your site and I can see the small font size as compared to menu items font size as you can see in the attached screenshot. Could you please clear your browser cache and take another look on it and let me know how it goes.

Thank you

November 20, 2019 at 12:49 pm #4980101

jacobL-8

Hi again
It's because I found out that my theme has an build-in option to add micro-widgets to the menu and there is an option to add WPML language switcher. So, I just added that which works fine. However, I cannot customize the text. I would like it to have a different color and font-type and for some reason it says "English (English)", I would like it to just say one word. Like... "Danish" / "English".
I hope you can help. Thanks!

November 20, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4980699

Noman
Supporter

1. You can use the below code for changing the text color and font family of language switcher text:

.wpml-ls-legacy-list-horizontal a {
    color: #000 !important;
    font-family: Arial  !important;
}

You can modify color code (#000) and font family name (Arial) according to your needs.

2. You can display one word by unchecking ‘Language name in current language’ checkbox from WPML >> Languages > Custom language switchers > Customize as you can see in the attached screenshots.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

November 21, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4988149

jacobL-8

That works perfectly thank you so much.
One last thing: is it possible to make the language switcher text say "DK" and "UK" instead of Danish and English?

November 21, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4988225

Noman
Supporter

Yes, it’s possible and you can achieve it by following below steps:

- Go to WPML >> Languages >> Edit Languages.
- Add DK / UK in Translation text boxes as in the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you