This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rickardR-2 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4146225
rickardR-2

I am trying to: Translate a page from English to Norwegian, with the same design as the english, just with Norwegian text.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: See attache screen shoots

I expected to see: Same fonts and design as the english

Instead, I got: Other fonts and design than the english version. Also All images is gone...

2) When I change the language, url becomes really long and ugly. Can you help me fix this issue.

July 5, 2019 at 4:05 am #4147449

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Did you translate the media properly on the secondary languages? https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Further, are you using some page builder, since your site is in coming soon mode, I request you to provide me login details so I can check the issue further, along with details I request you to the page link that's having a problem.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

July 5, 2019 at 9:09 am #4149453

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I have split further issues separately so please refer to those tickets for those issues, if any issues are still missing, I recommend you to open a new ticket for your new issues.

We will discuss the fonts issue here, I tried to check the page with elementor and couldn't find out where you have added the custom font, could you please provide a screenshot showing how you have added the custom font?

Also, could you please let me know how you are translating the element page? are you using the translation editor? or using the standard WordPress Editor?

Thanks

July 5, 2019 at 9:46 am #4149761

rickardR-2

Hi Shekhar and thank you for your patience.

I went to pages and press the + sign to translate from English to Norwegian for each page. After translation, all the fonts used on the English page was gone and replaced with the other font all over the site. It will be a lot of work to restore a similar design as the English version.

I use Elementor to build each page in English and chose fonts from there.

Thanks,
Rickard

July 8, 2019 at 4:16 am #4158983

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please add a screenshot showing how the font is applied to selected text and also a screenshot showing how you are translating the page, this will be very helpful to debug this issue further.

Thanks

July 8, 2019 at 7:46 am #4159603

rickardR-2

I contacted the Elementor team and they said this:

"Thanks for contacting us.

There are conflicts of Global widgets and display condition at the moment with WPML.

The translation of the templates of the theme builder of Elementor (header, footer, single post templates, etc...) works only when the "display conditions" setting is set to "entire site".
The theme builder compatibility was supposed to be fixed by:
https://wpml.org/he/2018/07/wpml-4-0-5-with-support-for-elementor-templates-and-global-widgets/
but this issue with the "display conditions" which does not work when the template is not applied to the entire site is still on.

The translation works only if the header/footer is assigned to the entire website:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-new-footer-template-wpml/

We did some adjustments a few months ago to enable WPML to make the necessary compatibilities. Right now it's in their own territory.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.
Let me know whether this helped you."

I hope it will be helpful to finally get the website online, after a lot of work and technical issues.

July 8, 2019 at 7:49 am #4159617

rickardR-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!