This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by renaud-andreT 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 7:47 am #4287971

renaud-andreT

Good morning from Spain Support Team,

I have a footer issue on the translated pages.
See printscrint
original (FR) : hidden link
Translated page: hidden link (<--- footer issue)

Can you help me solve this?
Thanks in advance

July 26, 2019 at 8:31 am #4288355

renaud-andreT

Hi marcel, I assigned menu (indeed with divi)

July 26, 2019 at 10:04 am #4288965

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Best Marcel

July 26, 2019 at 5:42 pm #4291197

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

Please open the Footer Menus under Appearance -> Menus and check if they have assigned the English version of the Menu. If not you will see on the right site a Button "Translations: + Anglais" where you can create them. After this, please check if the Footer is identical. Maybe you need to translate first some posts, as your Footer mostly loads category pages.

About the products, I made you the overview smaller, hiding the Yoast Description (on top on "Aide"), which is breaking the layout. I was able to detect JS errors on the console. Please deactivate all plugins and activate them one by one back, then you can identify which plugin is causing this.

Best Marcel

July 30, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4310313
renaud-andreT

Hi Marcel,
Sorry for this late reply. I have been away from my computer.4
I hope you are well.
Indeed. I have now translated the menu and it work very fine.
Unfortunately regarding the product I still have the issue. I will then follow your advice regarding the debug process before any other action.

Other issue:
I have translated the "bibliotheque DIVI". But it seems that I have a problem with the layout and colors when my page contain "short codes" neither the shop module of DIVI.
NDLR:
1) original: hidden link
translation : hidden link

2) Original: hidden link
hidden link

3) original:hidden link: hidden link

Also, the product display and the category display of WC i not respected in the WPML transations

any suggestions
see:
Original : hidden link
translation: hidden link

New threads created by Marcel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-divi-library-elements/

July 30, 2019 at 8:16 pm #4310427

renaud-andreT

HI Marcel,

"I was able to detect JS errors on the console. Please deactivate all plugins and activate them one by one back, then you can identify which plugin is causing this"

And the guilty is: Yoast SEO

Also I have noted that WPML Multilingual CMS slowed considerably my WP. Any tips for that?

Thanks a lot

July 30, 2019 at 9:27 pm #4310509

renaud-andreT

>Hi again Marcel,
deactivated yoast SSEO solved layouts issue also ... but on the woocommerce category
see:
Original : hidden link
translation: hidden link

July 31, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4314405

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

Great that the menu is working now. For your Divi layout issue, I created another ticket. This will help clients with the same issue finding solutions over our forum search.

As the main issue is solved, you can please mark this ticket as resolved. I will contact you ASAP about the layout ticket.

New ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-divi-library-elements/

Best Marcel

July 31, 2019 at 1:35 pm #4314785

renaud-andreT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!